HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Out of all of those outside of Superleague..

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
on: 16 Feb 2008, 01:49:15 am
.. who are applying for a franchise, who do you think is the best candidate for one?

vote at this address....

http://www.totalrl.com/voting/franchises.php
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2008, 02:17:48 am
gotta say fax

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2008, 02:18:25 am
widnes or salford

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2008, 10:53:18 am
Salford for me
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline From the Jam Butty Mines

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2008, 07:56:58 pm
Widnes, been dumped twice by the RFL.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2008, 02:23:20 pm
widnes or toulouse  :o :o

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

there offside ref

Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2008, 08:28:06 pm
Celtic Crusaders & Toulouse.
the rfl want celtic in. toulouse would be a joke. they haven't got a designated home ground. just like catalan's

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2008, 10:25:44 pm
salford for me, i hate the RL they dont give a toss about the heart land of RL cumbria has the best amature game in the country. They dont give a **** about Town or Haven they would rather put there cash into Frogs or the Taffs even the london teams get more help and thats RU land.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:50:19 am
well said marra

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2008, 04:15:20 am
Well said marra my a**e, as Jim Royle might say.    Why should the RFL make an exception of Cumbria?    We have two poor teams (I'm not counting the Furness area), playing in two poor grounds, and run by two poor "committees", with professional RL dying a painful death in our area and what do we do?    We sit back and watch it happen because we don't like them others down the road or some other weak excuse.

At least the "Frogs" as you have described them had the sense to see that one club couldn't do it on their own and they use a region of France to represent and draw their players and support from.    The RFL, or whoever, will only support our region when they actually see some evidence of more forward thinking by both of our clubs and at present that seems a long, long way off.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

IpswichSteve

Reply #10 on: 18 Feb 2008, 08:02:13 am
Well said marra my a**e, as Jim Royle might say.    Why should the RFL make an exception of Cumbria?    We have two poor teams (I'm not counting the Furness area), playing in two poor grounds, and run by two poor "committees", with professional RL dying a painful death in our area and what do we do?    We sit back and watch it happen because we don't like them others down the road or some other weak excuse.

At least the "Frogs" as you have described them had the sense to see that one club couldn't do it on their own and they use a region of France to represent and draw their players and support from.    The RFL, or whoever, will only support our region when they actually see some evidence of more forward thinking by both of our clubs and at present that seems a long, long way off.

Well said Keith, you are right but what would you expect from a Reds fan, forward thinking?

You are right, the dreaded "M" word should be brought out into the open and move West
Cumbria forward, but as you say unliekly to haapen as it would spoil the two little old
boys clubs for "good lads".  Also we could never agree on where to play.  ::)

Current situation, both clubs struggling financially, low gates and little/no possibility of moving
out of the leagues we are in, but still they would rather plod along and pat themselves on
the back.

What is needed is someone with vision and skill from the Business Community to come along
and drive forward a franchise application ready for 2012.

As for the original discussion, who should get the franchises this time round, Widnes due to their
financial mismanagement shouldnt even be considered obviously they will, while Halifax again
really arent up for the job and that area is already saturated, Featherstone can't see it while again
with Leigh dont think they have the X factor so to speak.

I would imagine that it will be Salford + either Celtic or Tolouse, probably depending on how
well Celtic go this season. That way the traditionalists and the expansionists are kept happy.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 18 Feb 2008, 08:57:54 am
id say salford, and lets see how celtic do this season as they want them up as we know.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:37:37 am
Agree wholeheartedly with Keith and IS on this one. The West Cumbrian clubs, at this moment in time, are a bit of a joke to be honest. We haven't got the foresight, financial clout or support base to be taken seriously as franchise contenders. Heartland of Rugby League?! What was the last derby game gate? 1200? That speaks volumes doesn't it? Lets face it we are in the backwater and I suspect the powers that be couldn't give a damn about West Cumbrian RL, and who can blame them?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 18 Feb 2008, 10:11:51 am
was 1276 and alot dont go to town thinking its a waste of time and money and would rather save there money for better games.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #14 on: 20 Feb 2008, 07:13:02 am
I hope we batter Celtic!!!! The Wales France thing really really winds me up.....I always thought the door closed in 2009 for Super League but yet there is no relegation this year when its the first year Catalans can go down. So when they said Catalans were safe for 3 years why didnt they just say Catalans can just stay in Super League..
Can't stand Jam, eh!