HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Out of all of those outside of Superleague..

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 21 Feb 2008, 06:34:44 am
I hope we batter Celtic!!!! The Wales France thing really really winds me up.....I always thought the door closed in 2009 for Super League but yet there is no relegation this year when its the first year Catalans can go down. So when they said Catalans were safe for 3 years why didnt they just say Catalans can just stay in Super League..

Any SL club can technically go down at the end of this season if they don't get a franchise. Catalans deserve to stay in SL though - they have delivered. It's clubs like Wakefield, Cas & Salford that are marginal cases

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 21 Feb 2008, 12:23:52 pm
catalans deserve nothing its because of them that a british club with tradition  is not in super league. i would rather see any northern club in sl in their place. for god sake they could even finish bottom and not get relegated. what kind of level playing field is that???????
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 21 Feb 2008, 04:13:05 pm
Ive got to agree with that id rather any nothern team in before catalans and they,l go all out to get celtic cru in too

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 21 Feb 2008, 04:36:46 pm
Would prefer it to be from Salford, Widnes or Halifax. However I think one place is almost certain to go to Celtic and wouldn't be surprised if another French team gets in. I do feel Salford could get one though at the expense of either Castleford or Wakefield.

Its all a money making stitch up.

The Final decision will go down to cold hard CASH!!!!!
 :'(

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 21 Feb 2008, 08:31:32 pm
if thats the case nl1 will be some league next year . i think it will be deffo crusaders and maybe salford city reds. it will be intresting to see what happens to all the club going all out for a franchise and then come up short. money snags ahoy !!!!!!!!!?

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2008, 05:15:34 pm
My point is why are the RL backing forgein clubs and helping clubs out, it should be a level playing field for all teams and the frogs should not be in an english league.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 22 Feb 2008, 06:24:16 pm
My point is why are the RL backing forgein clubs and helping clubs out, it should be a level playing field for all teams and the frogs should not be in an english league.

Isn't it classed as European Super League? For some reason they tend to think that its more marketable calling it that. I do agree that everyone should play to the same rules but when has that happened in rugby league? We dont even have the same league points scoring system (the ridiculous bonus point) within the game.

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 22 Feb 2008, 07:10:28 pm

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, It's a rich man's world!!!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 23 Feb 2008, 10:01:27 am
didnt abba say that too lol :D

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 23 Feb 2008, 10:03:47 am
I do believe that ABBA were harsh critics of a FRANCHISE SYSTEM being implemented!!!!!!

;)

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 23 Feb 2008, 03:47:37 pm
the worst run sport in the world or should i say run by the wrong people.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details