HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Halifax v Haven - your thoughts?

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 17 Feb 2008, 03:53:28 pm
Well here we are - 20-6 down at half time.

Can we recover?  Will we recover?   What let us down?

Your thoughts?
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Monte2carlo

Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2008, 03:56:24 pm
Yes they will be ok, as Haven are playing expansive rugby  ;D

Monte

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:12:01 pm
Halifax are the same team as last year  (absent Trinder) and we had the measure of  them four times out of five. 

Today  tells its own story.  No passion what so ever  no pattern to our play  when we had the ball. Tackling was awful when we did not.

Where is the attacking Rugby we have been promised.  I would settle for some tackling rugby to be honest.

Apart from Widnes in the NRC we have not been betean so badly by a NL team for five or six years.

Commentators seemed to think the Tongan was out of his depth which is a bit of a concern for a quota player .

I hat to say I told you so but I really do not think things look very bright.  I sincerely wish they did, but Crarey (apart from talking a good game) has not don one thing withthe team to make me think he is going to make us a better team this year.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:13:30 pm
Ever the optimist huh Boxer!

Monte2carlo

Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:14:33 pm
Boxer good post

Monte

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:15:05 pm
Ever the optimist huh Boxer!

TBH MrsHW as much as i hate to say it, he has a point  :(
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:17:35 pm
To be fair I think we will get a few tonkings away this year.If we dont learn to keep hold of the ball maybe more than a few.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:18:44 pm
To be fair I think we will get a few tonkings away this year.If we dont learn to keep hold of the ball maybe more than a few.

And a few more if the discipline is not controlled.  But as we are not yet in the season proper - time to work on these.  It will take some work - but it must be done

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:27:32 pm
It looks disapointing  :( :( our disapline is letting us down and our defence.

CUM ON HAVEN BOOK YOUR IDEAS UP  >:( :( :'(

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:34:12 pm
Absolutlay  pathetic.  Work  kept  me  away  from  this  and  thank  god.

Too  many  penalties.  When  will  they  learn.  Listened  to  the  1st  half  and  every  Fax  set  of  6  ended  in  a  penalty  conceeded.

Loads  of  missed  tackles.  Sound  like  there  simply  not  interested.  This  will  reflect  on  the  terraces  if  they  don't  watch  out.

Has  all  the  rumours  of  financial  worries  and  players  not  getting  paid  had  anything  to  do  with  this  lacklustre  display >:(

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:37:11 pm
Haven was dreadful today and souned dire

not much i can say execept we sound crap

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:37:34 pm
In the last five years we have not been beaten so badly by a NL team apart from the Cup final against Widnes.

So much for Crareys attacking Rugby.   He is all talk no substance.  When are we going to see some evidence of his coaching ability.

I am really concerned about this Tongan,  he has no pedigree and there seems little evidence he is worth the quota spot so far.

Rotherham may have had his faults but he new how to put playing patterns in place and get the best from the "team"  We aint St Helens and i have always had my doubts about Crareys ambitions for playing style.  Rugby is based on sound defence / controling the ball and a good kicking games.  Do those and you will score some great trys.  To think we can playing sparkling Rugby without these foundations is a joke.

I would give the two overseas player the rest f the rail cup and unless they both improve imeasureably send them packing and put both their wages towards a quality signing who can make a difference.

One final point Cox was suggesting we di d not look fit.  I know some of the players have expressed a concern that they have not done enough fitness work     

« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2008, 04:50:21 pm by Boxer »

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #12 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:40:14 pm
I think the players think that they are playing for fun  >:( >:( >:(

I think we need to rearrange the squad next week, we played better when we had academy players in the team !!!!!!!

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #13 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:49:46 pm
In the last five years we have not been beaten so badly by a NL team apart from the Cup final against Widnes.

No passion, no pattern, no tackling.  So much for Crareys attacking Rugby.   He is all talk no substance.  When are we going to see some evidence of his coaching ability.

Commentators both said the Tongan was out his depth which is a concern for a Quota player!

Fax away a few seasons ago, Hull KR 2 seasons ago.  Very poor today. Let's see how they react next week. Was it a mistake to leave Sice out?
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 17 Feb 2008, 04:52:38 pm
To be frank next week is irrelevant.  We can beat Town and Keighly.  The only games of any real test before the league is halifax at home. 

We also have a very hard start tot he league do not forget.