HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Halifax v Haven - your thoughts?

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #30 on: 17 Feb 2008, 06:47:50 pm
Just got back from the game and these are my thoughts

lol you got back quick
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #31 on: 17 Feb 2008, 07:02:44 pm
lol you got back quick

I live in Crewe which means I'm only 1 - 1.5 hours from most Yorkshire/Lancashire clubs ;)

« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2008, 07:22:09 pm by Flannerz »

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 17 Feb 2008, 07:12:47 pm
BET YOU WISHED YOU STOPPED AT HOME
             ;) ;) ;) ;)
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #33 on: 17 Feb 2008, 07:25:54 pm
IMO Spence, Makisi, M Jacko should be dropped and R Jacko, Mcdonald and Shackley should be brought in

newton

Reply #34 on: 17 Feb 2008, 07:43:56 pm
most of our bad defence was down 3  and 5 side of  the field. 6 and 7 showed no intrest in the game somuch for macca s bench warfare he forgot to tackle and quick foot work ????
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2008, 07:46:55 pm by newton »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 17 Feb 2008, 08:12:21 pm
At  the  start  of  the  season  Scott Mc  was  the  player  to  watch.

He  got  1  good  try  against  keighley.  Apart  from that  he's  been  very  poor  and  looks  lethargic :(

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 17 Feb 2008, 08:33:05 pm
i was not at the game today but having listened to coxy, speaking to my brother in depth (who was at the game)and watching us against town ,cougars and swinton here my view

The coach.... think he made  2 mistakes today ,resting maca who has been our stand out prop so far, so what if he hadnt trained all week , he would have took the game too them as by all accounts we were hammered in the pack

sice, miller has been out of sorts all season and should have been rested and sice on the bench to give us that extra spark with scott maca in the 2nd row

the team
brother said very unfair on makisi, he didnt do anything outstanding but he was solid enough just needs time to adjust very unfair to blame him, with the exception of ade he said none of them did anything worth mentioning, and ade was the only one to go in the bar to face the fans the rest preffered to get on the bus

its not the end of the world in fact it could be another kick up the arse needed .Remember workington away in 2005 expected to win easy and got thumped, we went on to win the league.now i am not saying we are going to do that but its early doors

also take nothing away from fax they have applied for a SL licence and backed this up by recruiting well, they have a much better squad than last year and i think will finish 2nd this year to salford

THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Javtee

• Academy Signing
Reply #37 on: 17 Feb 2008, 09:10:15 pm
Just got back from Halifax also.  We were second best all afternoon against a team that were faster, stronger and far more skillful throughout the whole of the match.  They looked far better drilled and from 1 to 17 had good ball skills and made a lot of ground.  I was only suprised that stopped at 48 points, It could have been a lot more.  If any of the other NL1 Teams get hold of the DVD for this game then we will be leaking in tries down our right hand side all season.  The new guy, Makisi is consistently out of position leaving big gaps in the defence and in several one to one situations he was pushed a side by players alot smaller than him.  You shouldn,t judge him to early but he looks like a big pudding.  All of our guys will have to buck their ideas up, if not theres going to be some long journeys home this season

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #38 on: 17 Feb 2008, 09:27:55 pm
Interesting observation from someone at the game

You shouldn,t judge him to early but he looks like a big pudding.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 17 Feb 2008, 09:37:21 pm
another interesting observation from someone at the game  ::)

brother said very unfair on makisi, he didnt do anything outstanding but he was solid enough just needs time to adjust very unfair to blame him

boxer  **** off and support town your doing my head in go and give your beloved rotherham a nice big hug and kiss

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 17 Feb 2008, 09:53:30 pm
we'll come good, away the lads!

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
Reply #41 on: 17 Feb 2008, 09:57:54 pm
lol you got back quick

I live in Crewe which means I'm only 1 - 1.5 hours from most Yorkshire/Lancashire clubs ;)

That'll be why then lol  :D
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2008, 10:02:04 pm by fluffy »

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
Reply #42 on: 17 Feb 2008, 10:03:26 pm
we'll come good, away the lads!

i hope so ino its only early just hope that's our bad game out of they way would dred to think wat the score wud be if we played crap against salford of celtic  :-[

Offline Rodderz

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 17 Feb 2008, 10:35:23 pm
Got up at 4.30 this morning to go to work early so i could go to the match with Flannerz, what a disappointment.
If i put in a performance like that at work i would be soon shown the door. No effort , no passion, no game plan, no discipline, NO IDEA.
I can understand 1 or 2 players having an off-day but not most of the team.
There was no difference in the style of play from the previous 2 seasons,
P C said he would only pick players on performance so i don't know who he can pick next week on this performance.
I cannot understand how Sicey could be dropped, he would ALWAYS be in my 1st 17.
Fax outplayed us in every department, i even applauded some of their tries.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2008, 11:18:41 pm by Rodderz »

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 17 Feb 2008, 10:42:34 pm
your right marra and after watching that load of rubbish, errors and fitness got to be looked at its early days but that was beyond a joke.
come on lads make training count.
Cant take out away from fax they were good.