HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Where now for the Marras???

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
on: 18 Feb 2008, 01:33:00 pm
After our humiliating spanking off Halifax, what can we expect from the season?

I'm not bothered about the choo-choo cup, but the manner of our capitulation was both astonishing and upsetting  :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2008, 02:02:50 pm
i think a tonking of town on sunda would be a start

but i want my weekend in blackpool agen after last year lol

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2008, 02:05:12 pm
Did you meet Jennifer Ellison there?  :P

Offline haven85

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2008, 02:13:34 pm
Club is in turmoil in my opinion. Back to the days of 1992! Gates will slip to less than 1000 and the ground situation is laughable. We need to look hard at where we are going to be in 5 years. I'll be still watching but I don't think it will be high quality stuff. Big performance on Sunday and lets back the boys!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2008, 07:07:45 pm
its up to the board to settle in a fast as poss and am sure they are trying to do that,lets try and help them out abit by turning out in our masses for sunday am sure the team will no doubt resurrect our faith in them and put on a wonderful display,this isnt the end of the season for haven its just starting. up the haven and SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAY TELL YOUR FRIENDS AUNTIES, UNCLES ,NEPHEWS ETC AND LETS FILL THE COFFERS AGAIN 
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2008, 08:56:48 pm
The  team  need  to  repay  all  the  fans  who  made  the  trip  to  Fax.  We  need  to  play  with  the same  speed  and  enthusiasm  against  Town  as  what  they  did.  If  we  do  we  should  put  50+  on  them.  After  such a  poor  display  all  fans  will  be  expecting  a  very much  improved  performance. 

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2008, 10:59:02 pm
Putting 50 on Town will not solve anything.

Might even make things worse as people will get caught up in the habitual gloating and think everything's ok again. It'd be papering over the cracks. Town are a poor team, even their own fans admit that, so stuffing them doesn't really mean that much.

You need to realise that it will take the new board a good couple of years to turn the finances around, that's if they can actually be turned around, and there's ony 2 ways they can do that. One is to increase revenue, which is bloody difficult to do. We're not talking a few extra quid here, the club needs a few grand a week more. The second, and easier, option is to cut costs. The biggest expense is players wages and although they've said they'll honour contracts I think come re-negotiation time a few players will be offered a lot less than they're on now. I reckon we may be in for a little bit of pain for a while while the board restructures the club and it's finances. Sad to say but I think the next couple of seasons will not be great.

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2008, 12:39:53 am
Did you meet Jennifer Ellison there?  :P
not quite sumone similar lol

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2008, 12:41:08 am

Monte2carlo

Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2008, 02:16:27 pm
With Mike Bassett of the rl sorld incharge i expect the grand final  ;D

Monte

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 20 Feb 2008, 02:11:43 pm
lets win the 3 remaining choo choo games ,  take loads of fans to fev on good friday nite and get the season off to a good start. show fev what league 1 is all about.

COME ON HAVEN !!!!!     KEEP THE FAITH