HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

the team, the club and how to move forward

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 29 Feb 2008, 09:43:24 am
First of all its clear the club has money issues and we as fans may have to endure a season of mid table rugby in order to get the club back into a strong position, i for one have no problem with that, as long as the 17 players who pull on the jersey are giving there all then thats all we can ask.

The team

seems clear that duffy will be going(good for both the club and duffy if you ask me) rumours on the widnes site say rob jackson could be following, again would not suprise me as i cant see him travelling up twice a week on his own for to long , so if thats the case better now than mid season

So the big question would be do we replace them or save the money to help the club get sorted, i would say yes and no

I think we have enough decent players (rudd,finch,leroy,bamber) to see us through the season at 6/7, also enough quality players around them to make sure we finish mid table at worst,

in the centers we have eilbeck , makisi,  scott mcavoy,daniel smith, also try to talk craig mcavoy in to coming back then i think we would do ok there

i would however be tempted to get a 2nd row/loose forward from a SL reserve team(on a season long loan who would move up here), look how well bannister  did last year he proved they are as good as anything we have already.look at the guy ratu fax got from leeds on loan, hes a great player, kopjac from the bulls as well, there is enough talent out there willing to prove themsleves at a higher level

by doing this we could reduce the travelling players to zero, save about 20/25k for the club which would go along way to helping sort out the money worries(a rumoured 40k lose this year if we carried on as we were) and give us a squad capable of getting to the play offs, while giving the youngster some much needed experince

in a tough season like this both on and off the feild i think thats all we can ask for

squad

1.broadbent /benson
2.calvert/lebbon
3.eilbeck/ scott maca
4.makisi/ craig maca
5.ade/ lebbon
6.rudd/finch
7.bamber/leroy
8.fats/eddmundson/
9.matty/sice
10 ryan maca/jacko
11.fletcher/shackley
12miller/scott maca
13.SL player/rudd/joe/scott maca

hill
teare
chris smith
danny barker
ford
lancaster

im make that 29 players and squad that on paper is well capable of the play offs, and we still have a club at the end of the season

or we could go down boxers route and spend spend spend and go in to admin at the end of the season
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 29 Feb 2008, 01:53:49 pm
tl;dr

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 29 Feb 2008, 04:12:51 pm
http://www.saintsrlfc.com/player/75

rated highley by saints, could be worth a loan deal 18 years old, banny was only 19-20 when he was here would be good for both us and saints,

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 29 Feb 2008, 06:10:32 pm
All depending on how bad our money issues, how can the current members
of the BODs, (of course excluding our 4 new directors), carry on,they
are the ones who have taken us into that position, surely they must he
held accountable. And just because they have served the club well over
many years, is not an excuse for them to stay.

HW

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2008, 01:58:02 pm
we signing players for the club again lol
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2008, 05:53:15 pm
Heard  from  reasonable  source  if  Fleur win  the  contract  to  run  Sellafield  Ltd  then  its  likely  they'll  pump  a  fortune  into  the  club.  It  originated  from  a  current  BOD  member.

Mind  you  I'm  not  holding  my  breathe  but  if  there  is  any  truth  in  it  it'll  be  a  massive  boost  to  the  club  and  could  put  us  well  on  the  way  to  applying  for  a  franchise  licence :)

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #6 on: 02 Mar 2008, 07:44:48 pm
Heard  from  reasonable  source  if  Fleur win  the  contract  to  run  Sellafield  Ltd  then  its  likely  they'll  pump  a  fortune  into  the  club.  It  originated  from  a  current  BOD  member.

Mind  you  I'm  not  holding  my  breathe  but  if  there  is  any  truth  in  it  it'll  be  a  massive  boost  to  the  club  and  could  put  us  well  on  the  way  to  applying  for  a  franchise  licence :)

One of the core conditons set out in the 'white paper' for the sale is that the site licence holder must contribute to an improving community. So whoever wins is lilely to get involved at some level.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 02 Mar 2008, 09:04:56 pm
how many people work at sellafield from allerdale? if haven get a major amount of cash from sellafeild then its wrong. if new owners want to invest in the COMMUNITY then it should be halfed between town and haven its only fair. many allerdale people work on site!

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 02 Mar 2008, 09:06:35 pm
This could be very good news, possibly the best news for a long time.

Any one now the E mail address of the applicants we could mount an attack !   

Monte2carlo

Reply #9 on: 02 Mar 2008, 09:11:58 pm
how many people work at sellafield from allerdale? if haven get a major amount of cash from sellafeild then its wrong. if new owners want to invest in the COMMUNITY then it should be halfed between town and haven its only fair. many allerdale people work on site!

One slight problem with that Sellafield is based in Copeland not Allerdale.  Do you also think that the money from the sale of land to Tesco in wukinton should be halved between us aswell, because alot of people from Copeland work in Allerdale ???????

Monte

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 02 Mar 2008, 09:12:57 pm
and what about millom and barrow based employees on site who follow barrow! if haven are bailed out from sellafield ts nothing short of disgusting!!

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 02 Mar 2008, 09:33:11 pm
Oh wel tone ee that jsut the way it goes Copeland has kept allerdale employed for long enough not withstanding the dock workers.  !

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 02 Mar 2008, 09:45:15 pm
we dont need bailed out monte. loads of  copeland people working in allerdale monte ,i dont think so. tesco cash is only to build a new ground mate nowt else.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 02 Mar 2008, 09:54:39 pm

last time i looked sellafield was in the borough of copeland not allerdale, dont see ectona or new balance or steelworks as was putting any money into haven , i have mates that work at sealey does that mean they should put money into haven   NO so build a bridge and get over it
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2008, 09:56:51 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 02 Mar 2008, 10:02:24 pm
rubbish mate if haven get bailed out by sellafield its wrong and disgusting, just my opinion.any sellafeild money should go to cumbria in genral not whitehaven RL. its wrong