HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Keighley v Haven (Your Thoughts)

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 02 Mar 2008, 04:36:39 pm
Well, another win.  But just how convincing?

A brace each for Carl Rudd and Saia Makisi (will this silence his critics?)

Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2008, 04:38:53 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2008, 04:38:33 pm
Brillant performace

Full time score

Halifax 88 - 6 Town

Leeds didn't even beat them by that much

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2008, 04:42:47 pm
 Seemed to step up to the challenge after the break. We MUST stop giving away early penalties and build up momentum from the start. Other than that solid performance for most of the match but tackles are still being missed regularly.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Monte2carlo

Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2008, 04:52:34 pm
Good second half by Haven.

Lets remember that Keighley played during the week.

Well done lads

Monte

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2008, 04:56:14 pm
PLaying to a new system does tak time, it seems that th guys are slwly getting used to Crestas tactics. We WILL get better where other teams may be peaking now.
Spoke to big bro just now, said at times we played very good rugby.  Interesting comment from Cresta about Fletch having a heart to heart with the squad about his recent performances, and went on today to have his best game for a long time

Well done Haven
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline haven76

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2008, 05:16:29 pm
whats the crack about fletcher having a heart to heart with the rest of the team?   all these rumours about him wanting to leave.  seemed to have a great game today.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #6 on: 02 Mar 2008, 05:21:28 pm
whats the crack about fletcher having a heart to heart with the rest of the team?   all these rumours about him wanting to leave.  seemed to have a great game today.

Not a rumour Cresta mentioned this in his interview earlier on radio cumbria
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline haven76

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 02 Mar 2008, 05:24:20 pm
couldnt get to the match today, was listening to it on the radio but missed the interview.  so what did cresta say.  there are rumours flying round the town that he wants to leave,  but who can you believe until something happens

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 02 Mar 2008, 05:27:37 pm
Listened to the game today and I must say, it was a good win for us considering whats happened over the past few days. I thought this would be a tricky fixture and I think a lot of positives can be taken from the second half performance. Haven seemed to be up for the fight and showed plenty of spirit. Lets hope we can iron out these silly penalties and mistakes etc before we start the season proper. Well done Haven.

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 02 Mar 2008, 05:35:34 pm
pleased to see that makisi got off the mark- this will fill him with confidence because he will have been aware of all the negative talk about him- i would like to think that people will now give the lad a break

well done lads hopefully with each game we will improve
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 02 Mar 2008, 05:57:52 pm
A  big  well  done  today.  Sounded  hard  work  in  the  1st  half  as  again  we  conceeded  far  to  many  penalties.  When  will  they  learn :( :(

They  picked  it  up  in  the  2nd  and  sounded  really  fired  up.  Tough  words must  have  been  said  at  halftime.

UP  THE  HAVEN

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 02 Mar 2008, 06:46:25 pm
Just got back from the game and I have to say it's a good result. First let me mention that Keighley looked good in the first half and did cause us some problems. We weren't great in the first 40 although a nice little break from Rudd and a good offload by Broadbent to Makisi was enough for us to go in level.

We looked much better in the second half, really fired up. Calvert's try was very dubious to say the least, there seemed to be a couple of knock ons in the build up but it was given. Saying that there did seem to be a knock on in Keighley's last try so it evens itself out. The forwards were running hard, especially McDonald and Hill. Edmonson also was running at pace and even Teare put in a good effort.

Makisi finished his second try well, although apart from that wasn't overly impressive. I'm sure he will get there and I doubt hes liking the cold weather, but I'm sure he's got more to show.

For me though it was Rudd who was running the show. Got 2 good tries and was supported well by Finch and Leroy. I think we will go well this season with those 3. However should Rudd get injured then it would be quite worrying.

Finally it was a nice touch to see Fletcher beckoning the players over towards the fans applaud them.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 02 Mar 2008, 08:52:38 pm
Finally a performance where you couldn't question the efforts of any of the players. Again, there were far too many penalties conceded - when will we learn. This has happened for the last few years. Rudd, Finch and Joe seemed to work well. Rudd was my MOM closely followed by Hill and McDonald. Makisi got stronger as the game went on - a couple of bad knock ons in the first half, but got better as the match went on - visibly lifted by his first try. Keighley tactics just seemed to be to try to wind us up. Thought McDonald did well not to react. He will have proved a few of his doubters wrong by not getting involved.

What has happened to the standard of the referees? They seem to get worse and worse every week, and i don't mean against us. He was awful for both teams. The Keighley hooker got away with a few punches and late tackles. There were several knock ons missed. Then there was his counting of the tackles. At least one set of six was a seven when there wasn't a zero tackle and another was a five. The crowd even started to count the tackle numbers for him. I know it's a hard job that not many are willing to undertake, but it's not that hard.........

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 03 Mar 2008, 09:39:39 am
It seemed to all click into place in the second half. We were decent, and LIKE I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG, things are looking up.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 03 Mar 2008, 10:04:29 am
I agree first half we set off slow giving Keighley a fighting chance with a few errors from both sides but second half looked allot better with the lads playing better rugby, they were no halifax but it showed us playing allot better as a team well done lads.