HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

NO More Freebies

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #15 on: 13 Mar 2008, 09:45:16 pm
I stood behind half a dozen nonames last year who all had free entry passes AND they were complaining that they had to queue in the drizzle to get in .... 'why only one gate'.

Stood behind them with my season ticket it pi***d me off no end.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 13 Mar 2008, 09:57:24 pm
Champ - we all know people who 'know somebody who knows somebody' and get in for nowt. I was talking to somebody only this week who had no idea it was ?13.00 to get in , because they hadn't 'paid for yonks!' How many more are there? I am not calling you a liar marra, but I would question your figures.

i think the difference is there in your post parton.marra, what paul is saying is that 16 EX players apply for passes, this total is known about by the club

however, i've no doubt paul would agree that the actual figure of people who get in for nothing< not the same as having an authorised pass, or part of a sponsorship day out > is a lot higher,

as you say you know somebody who knows somebody etc etc and they just happen to get snuck into the match without paying, these are the main culprits who have to be stopped,
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 15 Mar 2008, 01:02:18 pm
thats right but will they get stopped from going in not just the pass holders !
There will be a few in one at the Fax game thats not getting in free lol

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 15 Mar 2008, 04:28:08 pm
Personally i think long service players should get in for free, they have gave blood for the club. i agree about the 1 or 2 season players but long service players should be admitted free.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 15 Mar 2008, 05:23:02 pm
Whats the definition of long serving layers and  does that include family and friends.

From my point of view

its quite simple

If you have had a testimonial  i.e 10 years you gets 4 tickets if you have played 5 years you get 2 otherwise you pay to play.

Its a business in the end.  !! 

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 15 Mar 2008, 05:47:23 pm
Whats the definition of long serving layers and  does that include family and friends.

From my point of view

its quite simple

If you have had a testimonial  i.e 10 years you gets 4 tickets if you have played 5 years you get 2 otherwise you pay to play.

Thats what i mean marra, lads like routy who is a regular should get in for free...What about  Fats, Leroy and Seedsy surley you cant expect these players to pay when they finish playing.
No wives or kids should get tickets only long service players. Just my opinion

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 15 Mar 2008, 06:49:26 pm

From my point of view

its quite simple

Then again, they were very well paid when they played for the club.
It's not as if they did it for nowt.

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 15 Mar 2008, 07:14:29 pm
Players should get in free... their families shouldn't.  Simple as that.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #23 on: 15 Mar 2008, 07:32:57 pm
Maybe given our current predicament  "everyone" from board  memenbers to players should all pay  ???

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 15 Mar 2008, 09:40:08 pm

From my point of view

its quite simple

Then again, they were very well paid when they played for the club.
It's not as if they did it for nowt.

Players like Routy, Billy Fish and Solarie were not well paid.....They got a bit of money but not well paid

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 16 Mar 2008, 07:21:21 am
everyone should pay to watch whitehaven end of.
anyone seen letting people in should be sacked on the spot.

Offline bigbrother

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 24 Mar 2008, 05:56:51 pm
i am glad to hear this, last season i was down the rec on a matchday standing near the boardroom when i seen a certain  (wont name any names) haven player's  wife, 2 kids, in laws, niece, 2 family friends and their kids all park in the football ground and walk in over the bridge for free. not paying a penny between about 9 of them!!! it really p****d me off at the time!!  ???
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2008, 05:58:43 pm by bigbrother »
big brother is always watching...

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 24 Mar 2008, 06:00:51 pm
we should all go free if we play like we did today

Babylon

Reply #28 on: 20 Apr 2008, 11:42:29 am
I was one that turned up at the shambles yesterday, when i could have been watching a decent amateur team. I followed two local lads who played friday night into the ground the pair of them went to go through the gate without paying and were sent to the turnstile where they did pay. Subsequently I saw two other first team players walked straight through the gate not paying. Surely whats good for one is good for the other.

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 20 Apr 2008, 12:05:34 pm
There was more than a couple of 1st teamers at "the shambles" yesterday, but surely you can't expect them to pay when they are basically coming to support there team mates and the youngsters? I don't think the small amount of money generated by reserve games is more than a couple of win bonusses and they'd have got their money back anyhow (I hope you did!)
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd