HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

FAO BKM & others who told me I was talking rubbish

Guest · 26 · 1268

IpswichSteve

Little shortfall you said, no chance of admin you said, didn't listen did you?
I await your apologies, and admission I was right and you were wrong.  :D :D

From News n Star

Without a ?75,000 lifeline loan, mainly nuclear money secured through the West Cumbria Development Fund and Copeland Borough Council, Whitehaven was on the edge of the sporting abyss, only a short time away from going into administration.

With the accounts for the last two years showing a loss of around ?150,000, all the partners in the rescue package are determined to make sure that Whitehaven RLFC doesn?t fall into future financial plight.
By the same token, is the council taking a big risk in case the RL club can?t repay the loan within three years? ? ?We have had a completely frank and open discussion with the incoming new directors and the club?s accountants, and while nothing is ever absolutely certain I am confident that the people who are now moving the club forward won?t have a problem in that area.?

How worrying was it? ? ?It soon became obvious there needed to be a financial lifeline and some significant changes so I?d like to pay tribute to the council for a bold and imaginative move.

Could the club have closed without this financial lifeline? ? ?Yes, but more likely administration.?

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2008, 11:34:12 am
 It never ends does it?
 So you knew someone who knew what was going on - who cares?
 We're hopefully out of the mire now so you can go and actually support Town instead of bothering us - constantly! 
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2008, 11:50:31 am
From News n Star

Is this the same News and Star you lovingly call News and Cabbage on your backslapping little boys site. On that site you dont have a good word to say about the paper, however when you turn up here everything they print is gospel and marvellous. Double standards from the half wit once again  ::) By the way its apparent that we aren't going into admin you've sort of missed that point off. Steve listen very carefully, we AREN'T going into admin, like you were told often enough on here, you've even come on here and showed yourself to be wrong, I said you were going into admin you lot said you weren't, so whos been proved right in the long run? it may take you a while to figure it out, so in the meantime go back to you're ego massaging board and weep.

IpswichSteve

Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2008, 12:52:55 pm
From News n Star

Is this the same News and Star you lovingly call News and Cabbage on your backslapping little boys site. On that site you dont have a good word to say about the paper, however when you turn up here everything they print is gospel and marvellous. Double standards from the half wit once again  ::) By the way its apparent that we aren't going into admin you've sort of missed that point off. Steve listen very carefully, we AREN'T going into admin, like you were told often enough on here, you've even come on here and showed yourself to be wrong, I said you were going into admin you lot said you weren't, so whos been proved right in the long run? it may take you a while to figure it out, so in the meantime go back to you're ego massaging board and weep.
Recre - Why do you keep visiting the ego massaging board then?  ;)

I never said that you were defenitely going into ADMIN, what I said was that it was a possibility
and it was that serious your financial predicament.  Only to be shot down in flames by quite a number
(not yourself i admit) who said it was a little shortfall and things werent bad.

You must agree that ?150k loss over two years is quite awful for such a well run club?  :D

You must also agree as there are quotes from officials in there that say you were close to
admin?  Thats why using News & Star article, how can you dispute actual quotes? While yes
I stand by the fact that the standard of writing in the News & Star particularly on the Town
front is woeful.

You must also agree you still are in quite a weak position if you intend to pay the loan?

You must also agree that despite quite a number of Haven fans preaching at Town fans
over the last few years, how well run a club you were, the truth was that you were living
well beyond your means, and if it wasnt for BNFL/Council money you would have gone
into Admin just like we have.

Wake up and smell the coffee, you are no better run than we have been, only difference
is that you've been bailed OUT TWICE.

?135k of development money spent on debts, shame on your4 club.

Try a reply without being personal, you being such a clever indiviual.
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2008, 12:56:21 pm by IpswichSteve »

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2008, 01:09:42 pm
Don't want to turn this forum into a personal slagging match Steve (I've seen what happens to forums that behave like that, they tend to disappear into oblivion, not that I can think of any off-hand  ::)). Ive seen a few posts where you've said that we are going into admin (I cant be bothered trawling through threads to find the exact quotes) and for some reason you find it hard to comprehend that people can go onto other sites and look at what you're saying, its not that difficult honest  :o. Once and for all a simple yes or no will suffice, are Haven going into admin? Come on now Steve its not to difficult although it may stick in your throat, just a simple reply.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2008, 01:40:07 pm
steve you said we were defo going into admin  , and you were wrong

« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2008, 01:46:06 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline hawkeye

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2008, 05:00:39 pm
Ipswich Steve, whoever you are, you must have one helluva sad life. You must spend hundreds of hours sitting in front of your computer, looking for, and writing, bad news stories about Whitehaven Rugby League Club. Your vitriolic diatribes are predictable, becoming extremely boring, and portray a person who is extremely bitter and twisted. If you have so much spare time on your hands, why not try spending it with your family, or doing something more useful with your life.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2008, 05:05:06 pm
why are u so bothered what goes on at haven u must have a sad life :D

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2008, 05:07:35 pm
Ipswich Steve, whoever you are, you must have one helluva sad life. You must spend hundreds of hours sitting in front of your computer, looking for, and writing, bad news stories about Whitehaven Rugby League Club. Your vitriolic diatribes are predictable, becoming extremely boring, and portray a person who is extremely bitter and twisted. If you have so much spare time on your hands, why not try spending it with your family, or doing something more useful with your life.

Well maybe you could say the same for the Haven Fans who do the same on the Town Forum, go take a look
one day.

HW

IpswichSteve

Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2008, 06:04:16 pm

:D :D :D  :-* :-*  100's of hours ho ho ho don't flatter yourself dear.

Takes minutes to read, then copy and paste, that's if you have a modicum of intelligence.

Why so bothered by what I say, which happens to have been the truth.

You'll be glad to know this is my last post on here for this season, I don't think your blood pressure
can cope with any more.

BKM / Recre - Fact is that you would have gone into Admin if it wasnt for this last ditch
saving by the council and you know that, how could that have been predicted.

Face it your club has been terribly run, but you still can't admit it and face the truth.

Wait for third time lucky, because as Keith says from the Super League comment, it would
appear your officials havent learned anything from your first TWO brushes with
Administration.

Recre - Glad you visit the rlfans board, just seems strange that you visit as you
continually like to tell me its just a vehicle for my ego to be massaged and full
of back slapping cronies.  Shucks glad you care.

Remain calm jambo's.

I predict 6th place and financial frugality for you this season.  Enjoy................

i.s

ps Fev to win......  ;)

& Barrow.  :(

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2008, 06:35:15 pm
Whow!! What a shellacking, Steve.
I come in peace with just one question----what were Town's figures for 2006 and what do you forecast for 2007?
El Tel.

Offline hawkeye

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 20 Mar 2008, 07:16:42 pm
Sounds like I've touched a raw nerve!!

Offline cumbria28

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 20 Mar 2008, 10:31:45 pm
It seems like Haven have been rescued by Sellafield money.....or is it NDA money, or is it Council Tax payers money???   who knows, but one things sure its not right as ultimately its PUBLIC money.   :o
I dont buy the 'we'll pay it back in three years' story.  Where are Haven going to find an extra hundred grand when they cannot even balance the books in what was arguably there best spell for many years and within rugby leagues 2nd highest division. I await the sob story in three years time but who knows, the new owners of Sellafield will probably be in place by then and might throw a few quid in the pot if the begging bowl comes there way.

Haven fans who havnt recently jumped on their bandwagon might recall the Amec money that was paid to town for damages to derwent park, this money was private money and not ratepayers dosh, or money that is intended to regenerate local employment within West Cumbria.  This is an actual extract from Copeland Councils own website in relation to the aims of the West Cumbria Development Fund who have bailed out Haven along with the council

WEST CUMBRIA DEVELOPMENT FUND

The West Cumbria Development Fund is an alliance of private and public sector organisations dedicated to the economic regeneration of the area. The aim of the fund is to help business start ups and sustain jobs

If your local business in Haven gets no start up money this year or your job goes down the pan, you know who to blame..................................

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 20 Mar 2008, 10:38:05 pm
Whow!! What a shellacking, Steve.
I come in peace with just one question----what were Town's figures for 2006 and what do you forecast for 2007?
El Tel.

Hi there Tel, long time no hear.    I can answer the Town question for you.    Town's figures over the past 5 years of accounts are :-   2002 - ?127,016 loss; 2003 - ?11,942 profit; 2004 - ?87,205 profit; 2005 - ?28,136 loss; 2006 - ?2,458 profit; and our Chairman was forecasting a better year for the 2007 accounts.    

With regard to the West Cumbria Development Fund - did you know that Allerdale Council put in money to that fund????
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

justonelilpoint

Reply #14 on: 20 Mar 2008, 11:25:34 pm
I dont buy the 'we'll pay it back in three years' story.  Where are Haven going to find an extra hundred grand

Its 75k not ?100k and only equates to ?25k a year, as we now have  a part time coach, I reckon thats ?15-?20k a year being saved already.
The loan gets us out the mess, WCDF gets its loot back and most of all your happy again! ::)