HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

FAO BKM & others who told me I was talking rubbish

Guest · 26 · 1269

Offline cumbria28

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 20 Mar 2008, 11:35:49 pm
I dont buy the 'we'll pay it back in three years' story.  Where are Haven going to find an extra hundred grand

Its 75k not ?100k and only equates to ?25k a year, as we now have  a part time coach, I reckon thats ?15-?20k a year being saved already.
The loan gets us out the mess, WCDF gets its loot back and most of all your happy again! ::)

I am led to believe you lot are in debt are lot more than 75k, its 75k just to stop you going into administration!  anywhere between 100-200k isnt it?  assuming this years figures??  Come on mate, even you must have had a feeling that Sellafield would get you out of this mess when you first heard haven were in crisis

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 20 Mar 2008, 11:59:53 pm
Whow!! What a shellacking, Steve.
I come in peace with just one question----what were Town's figures for 2006 and what do you forecast for 2007?
El Tel.

Hi there Tel, long time no hear.    I can answer the Town question for you.    Town's figures over the past 5 years of accounts are :-   2002 - ?127,016 loss; 2003 - ?11,942 profit; 2004 - ?87,205 profit; 2005 - ?28,136 loss; 2006 - ?2,458 profit; and our Chairman was forecasting a better year for the 2007 accounts.    

With regard to the West Cumbria Development Fund - did you know that Allerdale Council put in money to that fund????
Hello, again, Keith. Long time no hear (or see)!
Great to see you're back in fine form on the sites.
Let's hope all three Cumbrian clubs will be in NL1 next year and with three home games each where it really matters we should all feel the benefit!
Nice to read that Trouty is on the mend as Town need all the support they can muster(LOL).
Happy Easter everyone.
El Tel.

justonelilpoint

Reply #17 on: 21 Mar 2008, 07:08:13 am
I dont buy the 'we'll pay it back in three years' story.  Where are Haven going to find an extra hundred grand

Its 75k not ?100k and only equates to ?25k a year, as we now have  a part time coach, I reckon thats ?15-?20k a year being saved already.
The loan gets us out the mess, WCDF gets its loot back and most of all your happy again! ::)

I am led to believe you lot are in debt are lot more than 75k, its 75k just to stop you going into administration!  anywhere between 100-200k isnt it?  assuming this years figures??  Come on mate, even you must have had a feeling that Sellafield would get you out of this mess when you first heard haven were in crisis

Debts/shortfalls or whatever you want call it .......?60k of it has already been wiped off by Washington group our sponsors, another ?75k by the loan...so ?135k sorted now.If there is any more than im sure that been addressed by all the cut backs.
I couldnt give a flying fig where the money comes from, the council ,sellafield or wherever.What does that matter so long as the club survives ???

Would you rather we went under , so you can have your ?75k from development fund  for other things ?
Im confidant Barry R and co will pay every penny back from that loan.
As Tim Knowles has already said...would cost council one hell of a lot more than 75k  to re-do the Pow beck plans without Haven involved!
Jealousy is a terrible thing...Your starting to sound like Ipswich Steve  :)

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 21 Mar 2008, 10:01:01 am

The point you're obviously missing is that we need to save ?100k a year just to stand still. We've lost ?150k over the last 2 years which means we need to cut our spending by ?75k per year to break even and prevent further losses. Then we need to cut it by a further ?25k per year in order to repay this loan. So that's a minimum of ?100k a year that the club needs to cut it's budget by in order to just break even.

People can kid themselves that everything's rosey now if they want, but the fact is that it isn't and we need to accept that there's going to be a hard couple of years ahead as the club makes the necessary cuts which will mean a less competitive team on the field because there's no way we can carry on paying players what we have been paying them.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 21 Mar 2008, 10:13:14 am
it is going to be a hard couple of years

but get back the 1000 or so lost lottery members at ?4.33 a month thats 52k

the 200 or so floating fans we have lost since  2005 20k, give them other reasons to come down like it used to be in 2005

bouncey castles and face paints for the kids (who will bring their parents)entertaiment and beer gardnes for the adults

its not just about saving money its about increasing income also

the amount of people who i talk to who remember 2004/2005 not just for the rugby, but because of the full package and atmosphere down there on match day and we have lost that

now maybe with the council allowing extended opening times and a drink on the terrace, and if the BOD continue with the after match speeches, groups, race nights etc etc, maybe we can get back to the rece being the place to be on a sunday like it was in 2004/2005
THE MULLET IS BACK

justonelilpoint

Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2008, 11:48:15 am
Tommygun, Im not kidding myself at all
Its simply down to good old fashioned budgetting, Cutting your cloth accordingly.Something thats obviously not been done for couple of seasons.
The whole squad will probably be taking cuts when their contracts are up for re-newal i'd be certain of that.
But we have already off loaded some big earners  Trindall, Lester,Seeds, Maden,Smith,Rotheram,Duffy,BALDWIN :o ;D
I see and hear nipping and tucking already, ALL pay on gate, trying to cut bar staff, No entertainment,Trying to reduce stewards when necessary.
I was once told by our previous chairman 2 years ago that they budgetted everything on gates of around 1500, Back then we announced couple years of profits!
 We need get back to this and only spending what we can afford. Remember those early years when only traveller we had was Nanyn ? and everything was built round local lads and not some who were only here for the money.
Doesnt matter what rumour everyones heard players are on...20k, 25 or 30k+
Those sort of figures are full time wages!  we should have had full time players !
20 players each taking say  5k cut in contracts is ?100,000!!!
If we've been paying those out, Then its easy enough see where we have gone wrong,especially with the crowds dropping and lotterys numbers as well.
We've been thrown a lifeline a chance wipe slate clean and start building a  team again that will finish at the top. If we hadnt we'd be in administration now no doubt, taking a  9 point penalty and id think probably near  relegation. Could we afford to drop to Div 2 ? struggling year on year like the mighty Town ??
Only way you seem be able get out that Div is throw money at it like Oldham,Doncaster etc
Yes Town are trying budget sensibly now,But they finding it hard to recruit and see a way forward. Their administration has left them suffering for years and its not hard to see why theres one or two who would love Haven go same way.Total jealousy we've been given help.
I hope Town can get up to Div 1 and join us , Both playing in two great stadiums and derby crowds back to 4-5000  like they were.Playing in a  strong Div 1...see that was easy to say.. im not bitter  ;)

« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2008, 11:53:02 am by justonelilpoint »

IpswichSteve

Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2008, 08:58:57 pm
Sounds like I've touched a raw nerve!!

:D :D  As if marra. 

See I got another thing right last night having just checked the latest score
, i.e the Fev Win.  :'( :'(

Super League.  ;D ;D ;D

See you next year in NL2.  :-* :-*

Hope you've enjoyed the game.  :o

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 21 Mar 2008, 09:06:43 pm
i'm guessin u listening on t'internet or one of your chavvies has sent u a text

SO WHAT if haven are losing/about to get beat, as a town fan your only concern today should be that YOUR team LOST AT HOME, thats half the problem around here

too many town fans more bothered about haven losing and too many haven fans more bothered about town losing!

i hear them on the terraces, when we are playing bad, rabbiting on "at least town are getting beat!"

get over steve

we lost, not your concern or worry, we aint going into administration, not your concern or worry!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

IpswichSteve

Reply #23 on: 21 Mar 2008, 09:10:11 pm

SO WHAT if haven are losing/about to get beat, as a town fan your only concern today should be that YOUR team LOST AT HOME, thats half the problem around here

too many town fans more bothered about haven losing and too many haven fans more bothered about town losing!

i hear them on the terraces, when we are playing bad, rabbiting on "at least town are getting beat!"

get over steve

we lost, not your concern or worry, we aint going into administration, not your concern or worry!

:'( :'( :'(   Just popped by to see the score Big Mac.  Still got your Dynamic Dave Rotheram
voodoo doll get those pins stuck in.  :o :o

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 21 Mar 2008, 09:10:39 pm
well said puppetmaster

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 21 Mar 2008, 09:15:13 pm

get over steve

:'( :'( :'(   Just popped by to see the score Big Mac.  Still got your Dynamic Dave Rotheram
voodoo doll get those pins stuck in.  :o :o

u know ur always welcome on here steve!

dont use pins on my ditherham doll, its lifesize so i use kitchen knives!! ;) ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good