scrum half

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 24 Mar 2008, 10:01:38 am
i agree reg

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 24 Mar 2008, 11:49:29 am
reg you are 100% right marra to be competitive in nl1 we need a natural scrum half .lets face it we have had 4 or 5 very good years and throughout that time we have had good scrum halves obst penny duffy. . martin keavny would do the trick imo
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 24 Mar 2008, 11:52:55 am
we can all say keavney would do a job for us, he maybe would but would leigh are nl1 rivals agree to release him to us? i very much doubt they would

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 24 Mar 2008, 01:23:16 pm
Give BAMBER a chance to prove himself he has never let us down in the games hes played i think if given the chance he could do a good job for us

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 24 Mar 2008, 02:11:46 pm
Probably the  only soloution is to release Makisi and bring in an overseas scrum half.  There is not the quality availbale in this country.  SL accademmy players would withthe odd exception not be upto it, Kearney is not the ansewr either.  Widnes let him go and Leigh signed him as a back up to Moran and Watson.  he may go ok for Town against NL" oposition but realistically if you are going to sign a scrum half to turn us around you need an Obst Penny or Duffy i.e a bit of class, expereinece or pace, prefereably all three.

If they don't have that we may as well persist with what we have got which clealry is not good enough!

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 24 Mar 2008, 06:09:42 pm
got to play Bamber at least he will still be here next season with us in NL2 unlike a overseas player who will walk when we are relegated.

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 24 Mar 2008, 07:32:54 pm
as someone said in an earlier thread, to get an overseas SH in it would take between 4-weeks-by that time it could be to late.
but one thing is for sure, the jam eaters have a better SH, in jay duffy than we do in finch
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA