HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town take over by 2 Sheiks!!

HWL · 27 · 2559

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 12 Dec 2006, 02:51:40 pm
Thank you all for those kind words.   I do try to be fair and objective which sometimes doesn't go down well with some but I can live with that.    I have indeed lived through some good times for Town but I also used to be a regular at the Rec as a young man and I have some fond memories of games there as well.    Someone said would I rather have a good past or a good future.   Well my answer is I would rather have both.    Yes, Town are down at the moment but I have no doubt that they will be a force again in the not too distant future but sadly, as with both clubs, only at National League level.

I know that last remark will stick in the throat of some but that is my honest opinion on the way RL is going especially from the end of the 2008 season, i.e. the season after this one coming up, when they do away with promotion and relegation.   We will both have to try to be big fish in a much smaller pond I'm afraid from 2009 season onwards.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 12 Dec 2006, 03:35:45 pm
Ah!! the old jokes are still the best, aren't they?   ;) ;) ;)
OLD being the operative word eh Keith i remember that one when i was a lad

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 12 Dec 2006, 03:47:37 pm
Thank you all for those kind words.   I do try to be fair and objective which sometimes doesn't go down well with some but I can live with that.    I have indeed lived through some good times for Town but I also used to be a regular at the Rec as a young man and I have some fond memories of games there as well.    Someone said would I rather have a good past or a good future.   Well my answer is I would rather have both.    Yes, Town are down at the moment but I have no doubt that they will be a force again in the not too distant future but sadly, as with both clubs, only at National League level.

I know that last remark will stick in the throat of some but that is my honest opinion on the way RL is going especially from the end of the 2008 season, i.e. the season after this one coming up, when they do away with promotion and relegation.   We will both have to try to be big fish in a much smaller pond I'm afraid from 2009 season onwards.

fair comment keith marra well have to wait and see may be a shack in the pipeline before then lol

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 12 Dec 2006, 06:02:10 pm
Ah!! the old jokes are still the best, aren't they?   ;) ;) ;)
OLD being the operative word eh Keith i remember that one when i was a lad
the jokes not that old :-*

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 12 Dec 2006, 06:40:50 pm
[/quote]

It just depends what you call "not that old"!!!!  I remember my dad trying to catch me out with it in the early 1950's.   Is that old enough???   ;) ;) ;)

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 12 Dec 2006, 08:07:01 pm

It just depends what you call "not that old"!!!!  I remember my dad trying to catch me out with it in the early 1950's.   Is that old enough???   ;) ;) ;) so is champ that old? ::) :o
[/quote]

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 12 Dec 2006, 10:45:37 pm
It just depends what you call "not that old"!!!!  I remember my dad trying to catch me out with it in the early 1950's.   Is that old enough???   ;) ;) ;) so is champ that old? ::) :o

Over to you Paul for that one!!!

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 16 Dec 2006, 08:35:37 pm
every club has its idiots just town have more than most lol

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #23 on: 17 Dec 2006, 12:40:27 pm
every club has its idiots just town have more than most lol

You may be right, or you may be wrong, but the old adage "it takes one to know one" seems more appropriate here.    Merry Christmas to you too, hora.  ;D

Offline IWUZTHERE

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 17 Dec 2006, 01:37:46 pm
still trying to 'fight the good fight' i see keith lol.you sound scared stiff of the sl. proposed scenario keith. the time to be a prophet of doom is when the nl. clubs throw in the towel. if they prepared to let the tail wag the dog in british rl. then i agree the 'end is nigh'.compliments of the season to all in the enemy camp,and even your ex. workmate at cockermouth,is he still in this world lol.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 17 Dec 2006, 11:06:27 pm
I don't think people believe that P & R is going to be done away with at the end of the 2008 season but it looks very much as if that is what is going to happen, so any team not in SL by the end of 2008 will struggle to get into what will be a closed shop.   That's how I see it mate.   As for that mate of mine at Cockermouth, well he is just about, still following Haven but I think his interest needs renewing badly.    All the best.

Offline IWUZTHERE

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 18 Dec 2006, 09:13:24 am
well let sl. shut up shop, so what?..... again i say if nl. club's don't have the 'balls' to question and challenge this perceived conception you rightly bring to the fore,then we all will rush out and start contributing to sky tv. there is still an awful lot for nl. clubs to compete for, if the above event happens.still comps.etc to be re-invented to keep nl. competitive without the elite clubs,so all is not lost keith if your perceived  nightmare becomes reality. agree    sounds like your ex-work mate,needs to  take vows of renewal to haven rlfc.please tell him to remember 'oh ye of little faith' when questioning his allegiance.
       me?? i'm on the outside looking in. regards . lol.  ;D ;D ;D