Boxer · 35 · 2543

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 19 Apr 2008, 08:48:08 pm
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2008, 08:50:51 pm by Boxer »

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2008, 08:52:06 pm
hence why we should ask leeds to loan us some players  ::)

Online Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2008, 09:15:03 pm
Ah we thought we'd lost you Boxer, glad to see you back.

I was hoping it was going to be a positive post to mark your return, however maybe I was asking too much. Lets get this right. We beat Celtic and Lezignan (probably best two performances of the year?) without Fletch, Finch or Duffy - FACT!

Now I can understand your concerns about having a small squad as I share similar views. However I would prefer to use the money Fletcher is on to bring in a couple of players to bolster the squad. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen. We have a decent team at the moment but would struggle if we had injuries in key areas.

Yes we have a small squad but you will always find something negative at even the best performing clubs. How about we concentrate on some of the positives? McDonald is playing superbly and is arguably our best signing - despite so many people writing him off when he signed. Makisi is getting better and better. As for Howard Hill? Well what can i say? The guy is playing some of the best rugby of his life! Adebisi in my opinion is better than Maden, always gives 100% and has speed to burn.

That's just a few of the positives, there are more. And of course there are negatives but why concentrate solely on them? Yes we have got to be realistic but it really is very very sad to constantly bring up every little negative that you can find at the club. I do wonder why you are a fan of the club because I can't see how you get any enjoyment from following Haven with you been so critical!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2008, 09:22:49 pm
top post flandog  ;D

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2008, 09:32:05 pm
Well lets just say if no one questined anything no one would have evented the wheel and..well there would be no cars.  A democracy equates to elected representation.. We do not have that .....so lets not give up the rignt to voice our opinions on here, bearing in mind we put the money into the club...and those blokes who run it know a lott less about RL than you and I.       

Online Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2008, 09:44:33 pm
Well lets just say if no one questined anything no one would have evented the wheel and..well there would be no cars.  A democracy equates to elected representation.. We do not have that .....so lets not give up the rignt to voice our opinions on here, bearing in mind we put the money into the club...and those blokes who run it know a lott less about RL than you and I.       

That's all good and well. But why oh why do 95% of your posts on the forum contain some sort of negativity? Most people have noticed that you disappeared after the Celtic win and have now only re-surfaced when it looks like we are losing one of our high profile players. A few people have asked me regarding your identity because of the nature of your posts, and I have to say it I am interested myself. I don't think we'd mind as much if you were as quick to praise the club as you are as quick to criticise it!

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2008, 09:53:41 pm
I do not regard my opinions in any way more invalid than anyone one else on here within the rules i have as much right to post my opinions as the next person.  My identity related to my posts is no more relevant than any other persons.

I actually believe my posts reflect a fair number of the Whitehaven fans views, i may be wrong but neverthles see no resason why i should not express an opinion just becasuse it does not  conform to a "respondents" view point.  !

Online Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:04:09 pm
I actually believe my posts reflect a fair number of the Whitehaven fans views

If that were true then we must be one of the worst clubs in the country judging by all the negativity of your posts. We are not the perfect club, it doesn't exist. And whilst of course you are entitled to your opinion, don't you think it would be nice to post once in while regarding a positive event? eg. the fantastic win against a team who are pushing for a SL franchise (Celtic).

I don't know, maybe I'll just enjoy looking at the club from a positive and realistic point of view and take the rough with the smooth, and I'll leave you to somehow get enjoyment out of being critical and negative.

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:13:47 pm
welcome back boxer marra

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:16:38 pm
Bora18 forgive me if i make an objection to being labelled "thick as a plank"...  slighly unfair IMO>  !

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:17:36 pm
??  Has your post changed  ?

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:20:24 pm
Judging  off  the  last  2  games  I  will  stick  my  neck  out  and  say  we  could  easily  end  up  the  best  team  in  NL1.

The  team  has  lacked  confidence  in  the  1st  few games  but  after  2  good  wins  Salford  away  looks  a  game  were  we  could  take  all  3  points.

We  have  a  strong  pack  and  fast backs.  What  may  cost  us is  giving  daft  penalties  away.  What  we  need  is  a fair  Ref  on  Thursday  and  not  someone  who'll  be  influenced  by  the  home  fans.

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:25:59 pm
what will cost us is key injuries due to our lack of strength in depth. imo our front row is the only area we are really strong-must be doing something good if (fit) fats cant get in the team.
if for example carl rudd were to get injured we would lack attacking options-imo he has been the star player over the last 2 games
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:31:19 pm
toatlly agree Rudd is real quality, just look at Rob Purdham, Rudd has all the skills and with Sl coaching , training would easily be a top level player

Online Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:36:53 pm
toatlly agree Rudd is real quality, just look at Rob Purdham, Rudd has all the skills and with Sl coaching , training would easily be a top level player

Now that's what we like to hear Boxer ;)

Agreed though, if there is one person who really has the potential to go all the way then it is this guy. Another flawless kicking performance against Lezignan as well, great stuff.