HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Bamber

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
on: 12 Apr 2008, 05:45:46 pm
Think this kid needs a special mention, he has been wrote off by many as a non starter but last night he played very well and proved he deserves the chance to be there on merit, some clever kicking solid tackling, and when was the last time our touch kicks gained us good yards.
Well done marra,

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2008, 06:27:50 pm
Think this kid needs a special mention, he has been wrote off by many as a non starter but last night he played very well and proved he deserves the chance to be there on merit, some clever kicking solid tackling, and when was the last time our touch kicks gained us good yards.
Well done marra,

couldnt agree more his kicks for touch were excellent
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2008, 06:56:57 pm
would like to see more of him in the first team before we write him off or say he the answer to be honest.
the problem the guy has is he has to fill duffys position and he not as good as duffy. we just need to remeber that duffy wanted to go and fanacially was good for us to let him go. bamaber was pretty good second choice and he still a good first choice in my eyes. just duffy was excellent. and beforee you say get over it duffy has gone i already know that. it would have been easier for bamber and the club if we had all known this earlier and could have prepared for the season with bamber as our scrum half

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2008, 07:48:10 pm
would like to see more of him in the first team before we write him off or say he the answer to be honest.
the problem the guy has is he has to fill duffys position and he not as good as duffy. we just need to remeber that duffy wanted to go and fanacially was good for us to let him go. bamaber was pretty good second choice and he still a good first choice in my eyes. just duffy was excellent. and beforee you say get over it duffy has gone i already know that. it would have been easier for bamber and the club if we had all known this earlier and could have prepared for the season with bamber as our scrum half

Whilst Duffy was very good, I don't feel we saw the best of him very often. You always got the impression there was more to come from him. I'm pleased Bamber is being given a chance, he at least deserves that. Poor kicks in to touch is one thing thats always frustrating so it's good to see him getting some decent yards!
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2008, 08:11:53 pm by Flannerz »

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2008, 07:59:00 pm
HI FLANNERZ BAMBER PLAYED WITH MY
LAD YEARS AGO HE RAN THE SHOW THEN
GIVEN THE CHANCE HE WILL DO IT FOR  HAVEN
 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2008, 11:09:35 am
I think there are a lot of people who look at Duffy with their rose coloured spectacles on, at his very best I always got the impression that he never gave more than 80 %, at his worst he would just disappear and do nothing. Far to inconsistent and that was the big difference between him and a Sam Obst !

Bamber IMO will give Haven 100 % every game, has great tackling technique and best all round  kicker in the club. On Friday we saw one or two passes & touches showing  what he can do with the ball in hand, that will come with more game time and will give him more confidence to try different approaches. For far to long our game plan has been all to predictable whether that was down to Rotherham or the players I don't know, for sure Bamber can bring something different to the party.

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2008, 02:02:27 pm
Couldn't agree more martin give him another 5 -6 matches and i think he will grow with confidence and prove to every one he is more than capable to replace duffy

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2008, 02:11:52 pm
i think the way he will suceed is if we stop comparing him to duffy which is easier said than done

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 13 Apr 2008, 06:47:34 pm
The  lad  did  well.  He  just  needs  a  run  of  games.  Rudd  was  the  same  2  years  ago.  He  was  in  and  out  of  the  side  and  never  got  a  chance. Once  he  got  a  run  of  games  he  got  better  and  better.  I  think  Bamber  will  be  the  same.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 14 Apr 2008, 09:11:00 pm
I don't know why he is compared to Duffy. They're completely different players. Bamber is a lot more agile around the field, where as Duffy would attack the defensive line himself as he has more strength. Duffy has a lot more experience which hopefully Bamber will get given time. What we need is Bamber to be given the chance to do his job, which is to control the game nearer the play the ball.

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #10 on: 21 Apr 2008, 06:46:22 pm
I think bamber is a really good player. he doesnt have a lot of experience but with it he will be an excellent 1st choice. i think the rudd and bamber pairing is good. rudd runs the show at the mo, but bamber has great potential.
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 21 Apr 2008, 08:04:26 pm
Boxer said he would be 'CRAP' therefore he must be 'GOOD'.

:D

He has been given an opportunity and so far he has done well. Very good in defence and at kicking IMO.

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #12 on: 21 Apr 2008, 08:08:53 pm
yeh his kicks for touch are brill
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline havenz

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 21 Apr 2008, 08:34:16 pm
the kids got it just give him a chance hard grounds and you'll see what he's made of they'll be talking about him instead of Myler at Salford wait and see.....