HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

"State of the Nation"

Boxer · 35 · 2566

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:48:25 pm
What , ? Flannerz I actually do not consider my self to be negative , just a realist>

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 19 Apr 2008, 11:27:18 pm
What , ? Flannerz I actually do not consider my self to be negative , just a realist>

Boxer, I feel it an injustice to actually give you that name, you are not a Haven supporter, its obvious from you're pathetic attempts to wind people up, you dont go to the games, grow up, you're now trying to say that because we've lost duffy (yes he's gone move on) lost Fletch (if he's gone so what, he's been bloody awful this season, if you'd been to any games you'd know that) lost Finch (whooooo lets throw a party thats a bonus, if you'd been to any games you'd know that) do us all a favour and stop being so boring. You've just picked up points that others have said on here and blown them up. YOU DO NOT WATCH HAVEN GAMES SO DO NOT TRY AND GIVE ANY SO CALLED INSITE INTO THEM, JUST GROW UP SADDO!!!!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 19 Apr 2008, 11:29:32 pm
well said recre marra  ;D he hasnt even said he was wrong about makisi

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 19 Apr 2008, 11:55:25 pm
O.K. then Boxer you've made the statement "State of the Nation", you've spent weeks pulling everyone associated with the club to shreds on this site, and I mean everyone, I think you can gauge from peoples views that you've been out of order with negative after negative remark, and you cause much more damage to the club I support as you accuse others of doing.
So come on what's your view now of everyone you've slagged off including:
1. The new BOD, (who've given good leadership and started to turn things around)
2. The new coaching staff. (who've all been excellent, and put in place a first class coaching regime)
3. The players, such as Bainbridge, Benson, Ford, Makisi, Shackley, etc., who if they'd listened to you apparently weren't even good enough for the Kells first team, (maybe you should ask the Celtic and Lezignan players what they think of the lads they've come up against).

Put it this way, "Have you got the guts to admit when you're wrong, instead of disappearing off the site for weeks,or are you just a coward".
My view is when someone like yourself is just totally set on destroying the club, maybe the moderators should "pull the plug on you".
I,m all for free speech but when it becomes destructive then it needs to be checked.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 20 Apr 2008, 12:07:40 am
DELL well said he answerd your question on makisi on another thread by claiming he is an average player

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 20 Apr 2008, 12:09:15 am
1. The new BOD, (who've given good leadership and started to turn things around)
2. The new coaching staff. (who've all been excellent, and put in place a first class coaching regime)
3. The players, such as Bainbridge, Benson, Ford, Makisi, Shackley, etc., who if they'd listened to you apparently weren't even good enough for the Kells first team, (maybe you should ask the Celtic and Lezignan players what they think of the lads they've come up against).

Well in order of the point raised

BOD To early to tell, they are obviouly hell bent on getting rid of the top line players such as Duffy and Fletch, yes it saves money but hopefully they have the forsight to realise that people only pay to se quality and ambition.  

Two or three injuries and we are in turmoil.

Coach : he is an experienced confident coach who needed a break, he will do well at Haven, but once injuries kick in he will be hung out to dry No problem with GS as coach given the player and BOD support he will do a good job.

Bainbridge Benson Ford and makisi no change o f opinion,  Bainbridge is never going to be the anwswer at srcum half, he is getting a go now becasue there is no one else, Mcormak, Rotherham and Crarey all had the same opinion.

Ford is going ok, reality is though he is a young bloke and can not play more than 20 minutes .....it usualyy work the other way , younger blokes full of energy...BIG QUESTION MARK OVER FITNESS

Makisi .. oh christ.. if we had a decent overseas scum half we would not be haveing this discussion.  Sai a fair enouhg bloke but has he really done anything to justify his "quota place"  ?!
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2008, 12:11:27 am by Boxer »

Monte2carlo

Reply #21 on: 20 Apr 2008, 12:13:54 am
Boxer,

A bit of me agree's with you, but come on give the guys some credit we are looking like a form team at present.

See you Thursday

Monte

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 20 Apr 2008, 12:14:21 am

Well in order of the point raised

BOD To early to tell, they are obviouly hell bent on getting rid of the top line players such as Duffy and Fletch, yes it saves money but hopefully they have the forsight to realise that people only pay to se quality and ambition.  

Two or three injuries and we are in turmoil.

Coach : he is an experienced confident coach who needed a break, he will do well at Haven, but once injuries kick in he will be hung out to dry No problem with GS as coach given the player and BOD support he will do a good job.

Bainbridge Benson Ford and makisi no change o f opinion,  Bainbridge is never going to be the anwswer at srcum half, he is getting a go now becasue there is no one else, Mcormak, Rotherham and Crarey all had the same opinion.

Ford is going ok, reality is though he is a young bloke and can not play more than 20 minutes .....it usualyy work the other way , younger blokes full of energy...BIG QUESTION MARK OVER FITNESS

Makisi .. oh christ.. if we had a decent overseas scum half we would not be haveing this discussion.  Sai a fair enouhg bloke but has he really done anything to justify his "quota place"  ?!
reading this i often wonder if you even go to games, if you do you must have your eyes shut, so now the issue with makisis is not thet he is a bad player but he is quota

THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #23 on: 20 Apr 2008, 12:22:17 am
If Makis  was a local or not our quota signing i would have no problem i.e within the team he is an aceptable run of the mill player.  BUT given our geograhical difficulties and the fact the bloke you bring 2000 miles round the world is supposed to add to the team Sia is not up to the job, 

he fits in at best  and does an ok job.  Will he win us games , lead the team, inspire the team?  No i think not.

Monte2carlo

Reply #24 on: 20 Apr 2008, 12:23:49 am
So who is next for a pay cut ?

GB
CS
CC

Monte

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 20 Apr 2008, 12:35:24 am
Thought I was going to have a sleepless night but after reading all the usual SH*TE from 'Boxer the Clown' I feel very tired all of a sudden.

Its nice to see that just the slightest sniff of negativity in the air and the idiot comes running like a rat up a drainpipe. What a joker!

I wouldn't mind if he just had the balls to admit when he is wrong, or give a little praise now and again it would make him a valued poster on this forum. But the sad fact is that he is a total wind up merchant.

P.S. Boxer please crawl back under your stone, but before you do that if you have been to any games this year go and post something on the thread about Ryan Mac. An apology might do!

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 20 Apr 2008, 12:41:32 am
Boxer, how about answering the rest of my post.

Also how about if you are going to continue being negative and critisise everyone, have the guts to put your name to it.
I honestly hope you do get identified and one of the lads you continue to slag off meets up with you.

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 20 Apr 2008, 02:40:35 am
So who is next for a pay cut ?

GB
CS
CC

Monte

Next to go half the team as they will not reduce wages like is going to happen

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 20 Apr 2008, 06:51:25 am
Welcome back Boxer - as always a different slant on things

Are the BOD really getting rid of the top players???  Duffy wanted to go for personal reasons and Fletch has supposedly 2 other offers on the table and quite rightly the BOD won't play the game of matching these.

Also have/ are Duffy & Fletch been the team's top players in the last season or so??  Duffy did not take many games by the scruff of the neck and in most people's opinions was going through the motions. Fletch has had one decent game (Widnes away) this year

The squad is thin - all squads could be improved/ fattened up and we're no different. A part time NL1 team will get more benefit from bringing the youngsters in from outside the 20 man 1st team squad than by bringing in 2 or 3 journeyman pros from elsewhere. 2 or 3 injuries leads to TURMOIL - an gross exaggeration. Turmoil is the financial issues not a few injuries

Are the youngsters good enough?? Who knows until they get a RUN in the team. Bainbridge is improving but he is still only a young lad with half a dozen appearances. Let's discuss him further in September. The same for Ford.

Shackley, Benson etc are still potential first teamers but GOOD judges rate them so let's give then a chance

Makisi - I wasone of those who didn't see anything in him but after a few games in the team he seems to have made big strides. Yes he is no Sam Obst or Darren Lockyer but gives 100% and is improving week on week. It's very easy to say get an overseas scrum half. Who is available and within budget?? You & I can't answer that one but there again a number of other clubs want the holy grail of a match winning scrum half from Australia and haven't got one!

Ged - he seems to be settling in ok and making the right noises. Salford on Thursday is a big test. Maybe not a win but a good performance required. Four weeks ago we were looking at a 50/60 point defeat weren't we

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 20 Apr 2008, 07:45:07 am
Welcome back Boxer - as always a different slant on things

Are the BOD really getting rid of the top players???  Duffy wanted to go for personal reasons and Fletch has supposedly 2 other offers on the table and quite rightly the BOD won't play the game of matching these.

Also have/ are Duffy & Fletch been the team's top players in the last season or so??  Duffy did not take many games by the scruff of the neck and in most people's opinions was going through the motions. Fletch has had one decent game (Widnes away) this year

The squad is thin - all squads could be improved/ fattened up and we're no different. A part time NL1 team will get more benefit from bringing the youngsters in from outside the 20 man 1st team squad than by bringing in 2 or 3 journeyman pros from elsewhere. 2 or 3 injuries leads to TURMOIL - an gross exaggeration. Turmoil is the financial issues not a few injuries

Are the youngsters good enough?? Who knows until they get a RUN in the team. Bainbridge is improving but he is still only a young lad with half a dozen appearances. Let's discuss him further in September. The same for Ford.

Shackley, Benson etc are still potential first teamers but GOOD judges rate them so let's give then a chance

Makisi - I wasone of those who didn't see anything in him but after a few games in the team he seems to have made big strides. Yes he is no Sam Obst or Darren Lockyer but gives 100% and is improving week on week. It's very easy to say get an overseas scrum half. Who is available and within budget?? You & I can't answer that one but there again a number of other clubs want the holy grail of a match winning scrum half from Australia and haven't got one!

Ged - he seems to be settling in ok and making the right noises. Salford on Thursday is a big test. Maybe not a win but a good performance required. Four weeks ago we were looking at a 50/60 point defeat weren't we

excellent post
THE MULLET IS BACK