HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

ITS ALL ON>>>!!!

Boxer · 13 · 1100

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 27 Apr 2008, 04:57:31 pm
We lost on Thursday which was disappointinging but possibly expected.. BUT ...THIS LEAGUE IS WIDE OPEN....Widnes lost today to the team we destroyed.!!    Leigh would have beaten halifax but for the fact they played wih 12 for 60 minutes.

We have lost two crap games against Batley and Featherstone but IF>>>>>IF AND I MEAN IF we win ALL our home games including Salford / Widnes and Halifax but most def starting with Leigh we can still finish top three or four.

Its vital the players rip into Leigh mext weekend ....that Ged MUST send them out to destroy the opposition and that the fans (1200 we have t bring a freind)  make sure that the crowd and the players are up for a battle and turn the Rec into a "collesium" 

For one reason and another we have had a sh@t start but all is not lost, we lack a little creativity but the forwards we have can win any war on home turf.

LEIGH WILLBE DANGEROUS NEXT MONDAY AS SUPPORTTERS LETS MAKE SURE THE >>>TEAM WINS 
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2008, 05:08:19 pm by Boxer »

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2008, 05:04:25 pm
Great post Boxer and yes this league is wide open. Celtic beating Widnes keeps it very tight and I definitely think we can take Leigh at home. Roll on Bank Holiday Monday!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2008, 05:20:30 pm
stil not going to admit you were wrong on makisi?

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2008, 05:34:55 pm

this is boring. he had finally made a valid positive post. dont turn it to that convo again

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2008, 05:37:13 pm
I really believe the key to our sucess this year is our PROPS.

Mcdonald has been a revalation ..compared to expectation he has quite frankly led the pack this year superb.

Jako is as always very strong and aggressive.  Jako given the a run of games can be a real enforcer.

Edmondson looks like he can be dominent in this league ..fast and runs hard..looks like he has an engine as well.

Fats ..simply the best prop over 8 years in NL1 .. give him a game or two to get going and he is the best by a yard.

Add a young robust pupil in Ford and a verstalie vetran in Hill and we are motering....!!! at HOME>>

IMO only Salford have any PROPS to compete with  those blokes and to be frank its Stapleton and  Leuluie.  The other Salford props are a long way behind those two.  We can... if we want dominate most Nl1 TEAMS IT AMOUNTS TO A WILLL, AND A  GAME PLAN TO IMPOSE OUR STRENGTHS.   GOOD THING IS I RECKON GED KNOWS THAT  !!
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2008, 05:40:25 pm by Boxer »

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2008, 05:48:18 pm

How old are you ???? you sound like a 3 year old...Boxer has an opinion different to yours so why should he admit he was wrong when he clearly believes he is right.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2008, 06:57:58 pm
Its going to be a war..... a defeat would be terminal IMO

We lost that game Fax didn,t win it we did it for them. I clap the players off when they put the effort in. I didn,t at Featherstone.I,m still hurting cos I am a Leyther. Moran probably feels the same well at least I hope so and although I,m not clairvoyant I think we all know who feels he has let his team mates down ,not to mention us fans today.

We will recover from this and soon. I know we will. So will our best player wait and see.

Offline Havendiehard

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2008, 07:51:02 pm
I think Ged will have the boys really fired up for the game against Leigh. Its a must win game that can really get our season up and running. Like a previous poster, bring a friend, Leigh are sure to fetch a few and lets all get stuck into Leigh and give them a Recre welcome. Bring it on!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2008, 08:51:13 pm
I think Ged will have the boys really fired up for the game against Leigh. Its a must win game that can really get our season up and running. Like a previous poster, bring a friend, Leigh are sure to fetch a few and lets all get stuck into Leigh and give them a Recre welcome. Bring it on!

ged was at the leigh fax game today, its been said his prep work on other teams is 2nd to none, proved it on thursday first 30 mins they stuck to the game plan and we were in front then as he said daft off loads and a the pack going off the game plan and we were found wanting
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2008, 09:33:03 pm
Actually think GS is a decent coach if "all the recent past"  is put aside he was pretty much near top of the tree in NZ i.e comp grand fianalists , NZ A coach and assistant to the full national team.

He can be a bit billigerant but given a decent set of players he knows what he is doing.  Do not foget he has played at the  the top level (NZ national team) so its not like he has not been at the coal face.

I also actually think our strengths as a team suit GS coaching  .ie strong forwards plus Rudd and the wingers..smash them up the middle and get rudd to spread it for calvert and adbesi.  We could def do with a dominent scrum half but we are not far off.

i think GS really wants this to work at Haven from his personel point of view and I reckon albeit by defualt we could have struck lucky   

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #10 on: 27 Apr 2008, 09:37:21 pm
 Nice to see some enthusiasm! Let's do Leigh and climb our way back up the table!  ;D
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 28 Apr 2008, 10:22:32 am
Good post Boxer. This league is anybodies!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 28 Apr 2008, 12:21:19 pm
I honestly can't see  anyone  pipping  Salford. Last  Thursday  we  were  as  good  as  them  and  the  score  didn't  do  us  justice  after  we  gifted  them  several  tries  but  their  finishing  was  clinical.

Our  next  4  games  are  critical  and  if  can  get at  least  10  points  from  12  then  it  should  put  us  close  to  a top  4.  Judging  the  way  were  playing  at  the  mo  I  can't  see  why  we  can't  grab  all  12 ;D