HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

castleford

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
on: 05 Dec 2006, 10:56:07 pm
why do they have to have a kick off time on match days at 3.30pm when every other team in nl1 has a 3pm kick off

im just wondering why that is lol :-\

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #1 on: 06 Dec 2006, 01:17:50 am

Yea it's not like there's TV coverage!! It was a bugger when we needed to know their scores but they were still playing when our matches had finished. If any team's games should be delayed it's ours because of the trek for the other teams!
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2006, 02:04:52 pm
I can remember when our kick offs were always 3.30. That was before all day drinking on Sundays became law (or mandatory for some  ;)). It may be that they used to kick off at that time to allow people to go to the pub and the game when they closed, and they've just stuck with tradition.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 06 Dec 2006, 09:07:07 pm
I  wonder  if  Sheffield  will  play  their  games  on  Sunday.  Didn't  they  play  alot  on  Friday  evenings  last  year.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 06 Dec 2006, 09:11:46 pm
Looks like Sheffeild are playing on friday nights at 8pm

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 06 Dec 2006, 11:40:07 pm
Can't understand the Sheffield games being at 8.00pm on Fridays - do they ground share witha footie team?  Maybe its just a hope that the part time teams will be exhausted when they get there so Sheffield have a better chance, but surely they will lose out on away supporters?
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 07 Dec 2006, 04:16:11 pm
Think its because they share with the athletics and they are on sunday.  Yet another problem with sharing a ground.

Offline Brush

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 08 Dec 2006, 03:50:31 pm
why do they have to have a kick off time on match days at 3.30pm when every other team in nl1 has a 3pm kick off

Its to give you lot half an hour start because you're going to need it this time.

havenchamps2005

Reply #8 on: 08 Dec 2006, 04:16:18 pm
course we are  ::)

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 08 Dec 2006, 05:41:16 pm

Its to give you lot half an hour start because you're going to need it this time.

lmao how big headed are you some humble pie may be eaten in a few months i think  :D
haven till i die

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 11 Dec 2006, 12:43:08 am

honestly castleford with all there underhand tactics e.g salary cap should be better than most teams but they aint  no-ones is better than any one because the season has not started please grow up brush you sure make me blush

Offline Doncaster tiger

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 13 Dec 2006, 12:39:16 am

honestly castleford with all there underhand tactics e.g salary cap should be better than most teams but they aint  no-ones is better than any one because the season has not started please grow up brush you sure make me blush

Your spot on mate about the season not started yet how ever we have built a strong squad. It's all down to how they play on the day if they don't perform well they'll loose

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #12 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:45:01 pm
haven v cas is going to be a cracking fixture next year, can't wait for it,and if we're on song it'll be a haven win,,,26 - 22

Offline Doncaster tiger

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 16 Dec 2006, 04:04:30 pm
haven v cas is going to be a cracking fixture next year, can't wait for it,and if we're on song it'll be a haven win,,,26 - 22

Can you tell me what Tonights LOTTEREY NUMBERS will be  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #14 on: 16 Dec 2006, 04:26:11 pm
merry xmas to you too ;)