HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

new signing

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #30 on: 02 May 2008, 05:27:13 am
seen tane play at haven rugby union 2 years ago and he is as slow as a snail. definitely nowhere near as fast as leroy. this has got to be a wind up
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 02 May 2008, 05:27:54 am
Not been funny but does Ged see Bamber as worse than a retired scrum half who hardly set NL2 on fire and a guy playing for a team who recently ended a 46 game losing streak?!

i think ged sees bamber as better than that
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 02 May 2008, 06:14:15 am
If Bamber gets dropped for Manihera i think he will pack in, he has been patient and waited till he finally gets a game and then we sign a dinosaur to replace him.

Id rather continue with Bamber, hope he doesnt jack n cause of this

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 02 May 2008, 08:10:40 am
This is beyond belief .........

The stats are Bamber played scrum half 2 games this season we have won both those games ! 

Ged Stokes " I won't change a winning team " or something like that !

Pay attention please WRLFC you don't need to sign a new scrum half just for the sake of it you need a collective brain transplant !

Offline thefutureisbright

• Academy Signing
Reply #34 on: 02 May 2008, 08:15:44 am
Oh god thngs at the wreck are looking bleak, signing tane, just goes to show what sort of coach you have signed, he will have all his little has been's signing on for you and will bring down the whitehaven club like he did with town.... i am surprised he hasn't came up with his famous 5 year plan yet.
It takes a good organiser to have a good party, what happened to yours??

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 02 May 2008, 08:31:10 am
I went down to Blackpool last year when we played them and Gambles was by far their best player. I would rather have him tham Manihera but then again why not give Mcnally a try. If Salford can play a 17 year old scrum half why can't we. ???

Offline kellsendian

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 02 May 2008, 11:57:57 am
maybe just maybe he couldn't play to his potential behind a crap workington pack
lets give the guy a chance although i would like to have seen bamber have a few more games
and put mcnally in the reserves

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 02 May 2008, 12:47:07 pm
mcnally has been playing reserve grade and playing well, hes off to leeds in 2 months.

this is a big mistake manihera has never had pace, and he cannot tackle, good kicking game and passing game.

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 02 May 2008, 01:32:08 pm
Absolutely shocking signing.  There really isn't anything else to say about it.

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 02 May 2008, 01:42:35 pm
I seen tani play the other week and he looked unfit at rugby union level. So i dont no what he will be like when he plays nl1. On his day he would be are best half back just shows how poor are half backs are.

Offline Havendiehard

• Academy Signing
Reply #40 on: 02 May 2008, 01:58:35 pm
i don't think any of us saw this one coming! Manihera was slow and unfit and did not shine in NL2 - surely Bamber is not going to be sacrificed for this has been! Surely he will not be in consideration for the 17 against Leigh on Monday - he has been out of pro rugby for years. What kind of message is this sending to the Academy lads if he is included?

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 02 May 2008, 02:14:07 pm
The same message as they sent to ford no matter how well you play  if the coach signs somebody they are goin to play. I realy dont no what is going on at haven but they are driving fans away. If i didnt get a season ticket at the start of the season . I dont think i would bother any more

Offline home and away

• Academy Signing
Reply #42 on: 02 May 2008, 02:16:15 pm

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 02 May 2008, 02:29:39 pm
im seriousley considering not attending the game monday if manihera plays, im not going to the u21s because he is playing there VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH THE BOD AND GED OVER THIS SIGNING

the academy lads are very peeved off by this signing

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #44 on: 02 May 2008, 02:40:35 pm
I have an Idea!! (Quiet there at the back!)

Why not just re-name us?  WHITEHAVEN TOWN!

The rate we are going there will be more Townies at the Rec than Havenites!  Well I thought getting Stokes as coach was the lowest we could go - this has surpassed that expectation.  Who is trying to destroy us??
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›