Will Fats be dropped?

Is Ford fit?

justonelilpoint

Reply #77 on: 04 May 2008, 11:53:00 am
Ford  is out had an accident at work..isnt serious though

Offline home and away

• Academy Signing
Reply #78 on: 04 May 2008, 12:00:55 pm

Ford still out with same foot injury that caused him to miss Salford.

I criticised the signing of Tane the other day and have to say he went well yesterday against Widnes good hands, vision and the ability to put a player through a gap. It was a young and poor Widnes team so lets not get carried away with his performance, after all Scott Teare went well. If he has been signed as mainly cover and to bring the young ones on then I am sure he will do a good job of that but to put him in the first seventeen for Monday is a bit of a joke.

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #79 on: 05 May 2008, 10:36:33 am
I cannot comprehend that any National League One club would consider signing an over-the-hill never-was-been like Tane Manehera. Its hardly as if he has been playing at a high level for Wigton RU. North/Lancs Cumbria is only one division above the Cumbria League, the lowest division in the RFU's pyramid. At best the signing smacks of short-termism. Remember, this is someone who could not even get a game for Workington last year.
More pertinently, what signs does this send out to the academy players at the club? You might as well pack in if Ged is simply going to bring in his 'old friends' from Town. I was hoping that Mr Stokes would at least make an effort to give some of the academy players a try out at first team level. Playing Mark Bainbridge was a start. Now he has simply reversed this by making quite possibly the worst signing in recent memory. If he plays on Monday (god forbid), its hardly going to have Leigh quaking in their boots.
[/quote

and the highest level Bainbridge played at was the Cumbria League, one level below Manihera