Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 06 May 2008, 03:18:29 pm
gorski will be cup tied will he not?
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline home and away

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 06 May 2008, 04:29:10 pm
A real blow, thought Leroy had his best game of the season yesterday, you just fear that Fats will call it a day now and you can't blame him. Need Fordy to shake off his injury and Jacko to get back to cover. Whisper going round yesterday that Lavulavu could be next lets hope not. Feel Sicey hasn't been at his best this season maybe a break will do him good. Maybe also a good opportunity for Chris Smith he had an excellent game last Saturday and is no doubt one for the future. I would rather use these lads than taking loanees from Leeds reserves. 

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 06 May 2008, 04:42:33 pm
chris deserves a chance in the first team, been fantastic for the academy

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 06 May 2008, 05:25:03 pm
I'd rather bring in Dean Burgess than Lavulavu from Town.

However short term the answer might be to move Hill to Prop, Rob Jackson to second row and Eilbeck in at Centre.

OK Fats, Ford and McDonald might be missing for a few games but once we've got somebody in permanently are they going to languish in the reserves like Teare? Plus another wage on the finances.

Reckon that lady from the council is calling the shots now and having the final say.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 06 May 2008, 05:30:08 pm
leeds may send us some lads, but i just get the feeling ged wil bring lavulavu in

especially with ford injured, and fats, mcdonald could be banned for the batley game.

gorski and mcavoy can cover leroy at 13 so no problem there

id like to see chris smith come into replace sicey but i get the feeling he wont

LavuLavu or whatever he is called, cannot play for more than 10 minutes without been replaced, definitley someone we dont need at the club. We have plenty of cover in the squad. Howard back to prop, with Hodgson, Shackley or R Jackson playing 2nd row.

TW

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 06 May 2008, 05:30:41 pm
Darn it! Leroy had a brilliant game yesterday and we'll miss Sicey and Fats over the next few months as well, especially as we have a very small 1st team squad at the mo. Was that the last time we'll see Fats in a Whitehaven shirt? Hope not but maybe will be.

Got little option but to give the kids a chance, I would rather play Academy players, rather than bring players in from up the road or elsewhere. Except Leeds might be able to do us a favour?! Isn't that what the deal with them is all about!?
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #21 on: 06 May 2008, 06:01:09 pm
don't think fordy's injury is that bad.i'm sure it was an infection in a cut so should be clearing up now

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 06 May 2008, 06:32:18 pm
Fatialofa has been one of the greatest servants this club has ever had but surely now he would be stupid not to call it a day?

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #23 on: 06 May 2008, 08:46:25 pm
fordy and jacko will cover fats

tane will cover leroy

and id like to see chris smith coming in to cover sice

I thought that aswell :) great minds think alike  :) 8)

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 06 May 2008, 08:54:00 pm
dont think fordys foot is that bad-he was bopping away in gals on friday night!!!
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 06 May 2008, 09:43:27 pm
Massive  blow. Ca't really see Fats ever returning. :(

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 06 May 2008, 09:47:53 pm
A real sickner losing those three.  Fats must be totally fed up. Got to wonder if the same arm keeps breaking whether he can keep coming back.

We can poss cover Prop with Teare Ford and Jacko  plus Edmondson Mcdonald and Hill.  Assuming Edmondson dose not kop a lengthy ban and Jacko is not missing for to long.

Hooker is a concern as its a big ask to play 80 minutes for matty.

The biggest blow is Leroy though, absoloulty outstanding yesterday gives a lot of creativity at lose forward.

We effectivley have tp get through the Wigan games and put everything into beating Batley we then have two weeks to prepare for Salford at (H)  

A couple of loan signings would be useful if the right quality.  i.e a L/F maybe

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 06 May 2008, 10:13:15 pm
why would edmondson get a ban?????????
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 07 May 2008, 12:56:22 pm

Hooker is a concern as its a big ask to play 80 minutes for matty.

No concern at Hooker, young Chris Smith out of the Reserves has earned his chance and will hopefully be given it. :)

HW

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 07 May 2008, 01:49:51 pm
 Assuming Edmondson dose not kop a lengthy ban and Jacko is not missing for to long.

Think you mean MacDonald