HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

The dripping Tap

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 08 May 2008, 08:08:45 pm
We have signed as our last three players Gorski, Manahari, and Gambles

The last three to leave the squad are Duffy , Fletcher and Finch

Now I am not knocking Gorski because he has looked solid, Tane looks like Wally lewis in the reserves and who knows what "Andrew Johns" Gambles will play like.

But what i would say even to the most hopeful one eyed supporter  is that undeniably the quality of player we are bringing in to the club to replace those leaving is going down hill.  I am sure the blokes we have signed wil give their all but lets be fair for different reasons they aint going to set the world alight. 

With the quality we have we may get away with the current signings this year, but at some point some quality /experience needs to be added to the team or we will sink PDQ.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #1 on: 08 May 2008, 08:16:56 pm
Nice to see you've changed your handle from Boxer to  ..... THE DRIPPING TAP ...... because that's just what you are, pure water torture.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 08 May 2008, 08:18:07 pm
Unless you have been on Mars I think you will find its called Financial Constraints

P.S. Thanks for the dose of reality/negativity Boxer  ::)

P.P.S. How about an apology for Makisi and Ryan Mac  :'( How can anybody take you seriously when you refuse to apologise for all the things that you get wrong!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 08 May 2008, 08:47:18 pm
agreed chorley blue and gold

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #4 on: 08 May 2008, 09:01:56 pm
We have signed as our last three players Gorski, Manahari, and Gambles

The last three to leave the squad are Duffy , Fletcher and Finch

Now I am not knocking Gorski because he has looked solid, Tane looks like Wally lewis in the reserves and who knows what "Andrew Johns" Gambles will play like.

But what i would say even to the most hopeful one eyed supporter  is that undeniably the quality of player we are bringing in to the club to replace those leaving is going down hill.  I am sure the blokes we have signed wil give their all but lets be fair for different reasons they aint going to set the world alight. 

With the quality we have we may get away with the current signings this year, but at some point some quality /experience needs to be added to the team or we will sink PDQ.

You are right boxer ( gordon ) but the financial mess we werein was mostly down to having to pay over inflated prices ( due to the going rate in nl1 ) for so called superior players

Sorry mate but you cant have it both ways
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 10 May 2008, 05:47:59 am
I reckon what we've got Gorski, Gambles and Tane for it was costing us on just Fletcher alone.