HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

carney!

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
on: 12 Dec 2006, 12:47:17 am
has rotherham been to see paul lancaster playing for whitehaven rugby union?

think he could do a job in the academy if not on the wing for the 1st team and he aint that far behing calvert in pace?

anyone else seen him?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

havenchamps2005

Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2006, 01:07:02 am
no rob whats he like?

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2006, 09:54:30 am
has rotherham been to see paul lancaster playing for whitehaven rugby union?

think he could do a job in the academy if not on the wing for the 1st team and he aint that far behing calvert in pace?

anyone else seen him?
yes hes a matchwinner i mentioned him on here a few weeks ago and the wk after there was 3 haven directors down watching haven against st benedicts but i dont know if he was the reason they were down. i also have to say he had a poor game that day by his standards but in my opinion he was out of his strongest position at full back ,the weather was awful and his team were really up against it. ive watched him a lot and hes defo worth another look while hes playing wing. he definitely does score some good trys
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2006, 10:50:24 pm
he has the potential to go past his opposing winger as if they werent there and have watched him do this since u'9s!

look out for him in the whitehaven news if haven RU score points he normally chips in with a try.
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2006, 12:06:41 am
has he got more than speed though cos we have calvert who only really has speed and not much else and IMO doesnt do much for us
haven till i die

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 13 Dec 2006, 12:30:39 pm
has he got more than speed though cos we have calvert who only really has speed and not much else and IMO doesnt do much for us
calvert is there to score tries and his stats prove hes doing a good job . yes carney is of the same mould in my opinion
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 13 Dec 2006, 03:29:04 pm
yes he does score tries but not as many as when he first started because teams know how to defend against him dont show him a gap and close him down quickly and there is not much he can do
haven till i die

Tommy43

Reply #7 on: 14 Dec 2006, 11:47:18 am
Watch a lot of local RU, some good backs:

Seath @ Workington
Kershaw @ Millom
Dudley @ Creighton

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 14 Dec 2006, 12:30:53 pm
if teams know how to defend against calvert then they are going to do exactly the same with lancaster aren't they because he has speed. calvert still has the best try to games ratio and i would still have him in my team any day.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 14 Dec 2006, 03:39:54 pm
yes he does score tries but not as many as when he first started because teams know how to defend against him dont show him a gap and close him down quickly and there is not much he can do
MARTIN OFFIAH HAD TO BE SHOWN A GAP AS WELL ALBEIT AT A HIGHER LEVEL BUT THAT TYPE OF WINGMEN ARE FINISHERS AND BLOCKBUSTING WINGERS DONT OFTEN HAVE THE PACE TO GO WITH THE STRENGTH APART FROM VAINOKOLO WHO IS A BIT OF A FREAK ITS ALL ABOUT SCORING POINTS. I SEEM TO REMEMBER BIG MICK BEING SLAGGED OFF ON HERE AS WELL BUT HES A POINTS MACHINE AND THATS THE NAME OF THE GAME
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 14 Dec 2006, 03:41:18 pm

Seath @ Workington
Kershaw @ Millom  GUY/
Dudley @ Creighton
TOMMY IVE HEARD A LOT ABOUT A GOOD CENTRE FROM MILLOM IS THIS THE SAME GUY/
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2006, 03:43:56 pm by silver shadow »
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Tommy43

Reply #11 on: 14 Dec 2006, 04:44:53 pm

Seath @ Workington
Kershaw @ Millom  GUY/
Dudley @ Creighton
TOMMY IVE HEARD A LOT ABOUT A GOOD CENTRE FROM MILLOM IS THIS THE SAME GUY/

Yeah, Ricky Kershaw. Apparently had offers from Barrow and Fylde RU but decided to stay at Millom. Scores a lot of tries

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 16 Dec 2006, 11:06:09 pm
please stop slating craig calvert if mick nanyn could kick we would have been in super league and do not forget who scored them tries for mick to miss the conversions

havenchamps2005

Reply #13 on: 17 Dec 2006, 05:31:37 am
well if you mean in the grand final haven hora wesley wilson got 2 of those tries

Offline pubrecre

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 20 Dec 2006, 11:39:28 am
one thing Calvert has that you can't coach is pace , i 'am sure over the next few years he will bulk up
he  has had a slight dip in form last season ,  (probabley the first time ever as a pro or  amature   ) which was his second full season in pro rugby which does happen.
sure he will come back stronger this  season. he still got 20 odd tries   in the seasons he has played, and its always nice to have someone in your side when your under pressure who can go full length to score. ok his defence is not great  but give me calverts pace anytime .    just remember when your  out watching RU   ------ whitehaven  is a massive step up in class