HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

steve maden

Guest · 41 · 3716

havenchamps2005

on: 13 Dec 2006, 12:25:50 am
steves contract expires at the end of the season i hope the board give him a new 2 year deal as i belive he is one of the best wingers in the league and was a top performer for us last season
i think there is only damien blanch better than steve in this league
please stay for atleast 2 - 3 more years steve  ;D

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2006, 02:50:22 am
look on the widnes main site im getting real stick on there from there fans they say blanch is faster than calvert what do u think have a look

havenchamps2005

Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2006, 04:07:52 am
i dont think he is as once he got round calvert in the semi final calvert caught back up with him but was unable to tackle him

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2006, 04:13:08 pm
they dont think the same marra they say he skinned calvert lol

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2006, 07:49:07 pm
they dont think the same marra they say he skinned calvert lol

They only have to watch the video to see what happened. Calvert turned, took something like 5 yards out of Blanch before making a poor attempt at a tackle. If he'd given himself a few more strides to compose himself and timed the tackle better we might have all been talking a him being a match saver instead of the bagging he took on the forum!

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2006, 03:13:47 pm
craig calvert 2004 100 meters at the little stadium near wigans jjb i thinks its called robin park 100 meters from a standing start witha rugby ball 11.7 seconds only darren albert quicker at 11.5 and craig had no sprint training and had not been training for 3 weeks because of wath brows cup win at blackpool.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2006, 04:56:26 pm
No  question  who's  the  quicker  between  Calvert  and  Blanche.  Infact  very  few  if  any  have  the  pace  Calvert  has  and  that  includes  wingers  in  SL

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2006, 01:11:22 pm
big year for craig coming up and im very sure he will be top try scorer

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:37:57 pm
big year for craig coming up and im very sure he will be top try scorer

i'll second that marra

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 16 Dec 2006, 08:20:25 pm
talked to a haven player the other day and they sai craig had been putting most hours in gaining strengh and his off season has been imense lets just hope craig will gain revenge on blanch by showing him a clean pair of heels watch this space

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 17 Dec 2006, 12:15:31 am
when on form there aint a winger better in our league and if he gets the correct training full time and learns to defend better then he could make a top sl winger fact and i think he will go in sl eventually with the haven and cant wait to see how he plays against wigan

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 18 Dec 2006, 10:25:46 pm
craig has the skill to be a great player saw him the other day and he does not look like the whitehaven wippet he looks more like the whitehaven bull not saying hes huge but hes alot bigger

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 19 Dec 2006, 12:46:51 am
i just felt sorry for the lad when he got all the stick towards then end of the season just think if we were devestated wid the result think of what poor craig would have been like

but just think he will take a hell of a lot of stopping this year and hell take a lot of points but just hope hes as quick as u say if hes bigger its good but hope he aint lost his speed

justonelilpoint

Reply #13 on: 19 Dec 2006, 08:44:06 am
Think the difference is the first 5-10 yards,Over 100 you wouldn't question who would get there first. But is he an explosive starter ?
Craig Walsh was certainly quick over the initial yards perhaps quicker ??
This is where perhaps Blanche beat him in the Widnes game ??

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 19 Dec 2006, 12:35:56 pm
watch the video of the game craig caught up but his technique was not good enough to tackle him