steve maden

Guest · 41 · 3693

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 20 Dec 2006, 11:21:16 pm
thats steve maden

Tommy43

Reply #31 on: 21 Dec 2006, 08:51:15 am
craig only does what hes told by the coaches im sure if the coach said run straight he would

So he's told by the coaches never to try & break a tackle? Don't talk daft

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 21 Dec 2006, 03:18:47 pm
he is not a prop you idiot  asif a coach will say try to break the tackle craig the would say scoot to make yards quickly

havenchamps2005

Reply #33 on: 21 Dec 2006, 05:19:24 pm
im sure dave would say if you can craig try and break the tackle because if you get away aint nobody catching you kid

Tommy43

Reply #34 on: 22 Dec 2006, 10:17:35 am
he is not a prop you idiot  asif a coach will say try to break the tackle craig the would say scoot to make yards quickly

First of all just because I have a different opinion to you doesn't make me an idiot.

Secondly, the point I was trying to make is that, despite all his good points,I think Calvert has a weakness in his game in running the ball out of defence. Having watched almost every match for the past 2 seasons, home & away, I can't remember many times when he has beaten the first tackle. I agree that given a gap he is excellent at making yards.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 22 Dec 2006, 01:06:13 pm
i have been home and away fo the last 3 years we should get behind players like craig

also craig is not here to break tackles that is for props he is there to score trys and how he does that

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 22 Dec 2006, 01:48:06 pm
Nice  to  see  how  this  thread  has  progressed.  Instead  of  talking  about  Maden  its  Calvert  who  everyone  seems  to  want  to  talk  about..

Still  both  hopefully  will  get  plenty  of  tries  if  we  give  them  the  service  they  deserve.

Tommy43

Reply #37 on: 22 Dec 2006, 01:55:19 pm
i have been home and away fo the last 3 years we should get behind players like craig

also craig is not here to break tackles that is for props he is there to score trys and how he does that

No player is perfect & all have some area in which they could improve, that's all I was pointing out.  Can't see how any team would ever win a game if only the props were allowed to break a tackle, ie only 2 of the players on the pitch at any one time.

Please don't respond, let's agree to differ.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #38 on: 22 Dec 2006, 04:08:42 pm
Totally agree there Tom.  The problem these days is that almost every club employs the tactic of wingers/ centers running the ball out of defence.  The problem is the guys outside Super League are not as big as the wingers /centers in S.L. (nanyn excepted) That said Calvert does his share of sweeping up at the back and while he maybe does not break the line everytime his speed of the mark works in our favour and gains an extra few yards. I think we will see a different Calvert this season as Dave has had a season to see what he is capable of.  Lets hope he shows us next week against the auld enemy.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 23 Dec 2006, 04:29:28 pm
I think Calvert is a good fast player and theres more to come from  the young lad lets just see.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #40 on: 23 Dec 2006, 04:32:56 pm
I think Calvert is a good fast player and theres more to come from  the young lad lets just see.

agree with you there marra,,reckon calvert will go down as one of the best wingers we'll ever had,,next season is gonna be massive for the lad,,,for all the team for that matter..........