HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven plan major upgrade of club website

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 16 Dec 2006, 04:38:11 pm
From News & Star

WHITEHAVEN are lining up a major upgrade of their club website with interviews with players, coaches and officials all being considered.

Online ticketing is also being assessed as the club bids to turn a profit from its popular website.

Director Dave Farrell said: ?The site?s going to be redesigned, and while the focus is on providing a better service to supporters, we can also make it more commercial and a tool to generate resources for the club.

?We just need to look to keep improving. The website continues to be really well subscribed and be somewhere people look to for news on the club.

?Big thanks go to John Flanagan, who helped set up the original site and continues to work on new developments. Some we can use, and others we have to park for the time being.?

Haven had looked at launching a new service through the internet, providing a live audio commentary for home and away matches. But the cost proved prohibitive.

?The technology is there, and in the future it might be an option,? Farrell added. ?We thought it would be a good service to offer, but we probably couldn?t make it financially viable. Unfortunately for this year we?ll have to leave it on our wish list.?

Haven?s launch night will be held on Thursday February 1 in the town?s Civic Hall from 7.30pm.

The draw for player sponsors will be made and the players will be presented with their shirts for the coming season.

Yesterday?s Pride of Five ?100 winner was Martin McCluskey, of Ling Road, Egremont, with ticket number 915.

Ah they beat me to telling you all :P

havenchamps2005

Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2006, 05:21:58 pm
how much would the audio be flannerz?

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2006, 05:35:10 pm
We were looking at a minimum of ?650 although it could have been as much as ?1300 a season. I am looking into other alternatives out there as we speak though :)

justonelilpoint

Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2006, 06:01:08 pm
Don't get it John...You saying ?650 for a whole season of home games ?...that only equates to about 27 people paying a minimum of ?2 a game (for 12 games )to pay for it ???

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2006, 06:11:09 pm
Very true. However Radio Cumbria have only plugged the online commentary, as far as I am aware, it can still be accessed on the actual radio. Therefore anyone in the Cumbria area would be able to listen to the game on the radio (granted, not the whole match) for free.

The question is, would we get a minimum of 27 people from outside the area, paying ?2 and tuning in for every home game? When it was discussed, we didn't think it was likely to happen. Although I suppose it's the same with anything. If the demand really is there from out of the area, then it would be something worth doing.

havenchamps2005

Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 2006, 06:12:25 pm
away games would be better for people

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 16 Dec 2006, 06:15:31 pm
away games would be better for people

Couldn't agree more, but we would have to rely on the facilities of the away clubs ground and the costs that they would charge for us to use their connection etc...

havenchamps2005

Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2006, 06:36:47 pm
sure you can force i mean persuade them flannerz  ;D

justonelilpoint

Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2006, 08:15:49 pm
Surely the answer is ask for 27 people to come forward with a ?24 subscription...get the names and once you have it paid for any extra is making money for the club.
John can think of several people of top of my head who i know would pay for it.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #9 on: 17 Dec 2006, 02:26:36 am
 Living away i would be prepared to pay that money even though I would be a season ticket holder.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.