Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 19 Dec 2006, 05:58:26 pm
couldnt agree more marra hes a quality player on form

Offline Broadbent 1

• Academy Star
  • Gary Broadbent Best Fullback in NL1
Reply #17 on: 19 Dec 2006, 07:10:51 pm
Was a very good player 4 town but do u think he could perform like that week in week out in this lge?
Gary Broadbent Haven Legend

haven1985

Reply #18 on: 19 Dec 2006, 08:41:09 pm
i think the BOD should get JT snapped up he is a big powerhouse.

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 19 Dec 2006, 09:09:52 pm
do the bod ever listen to us marras nooooooo

come on do sommet the fans whant for a change

havenchamps2005

Reply #20 on: 19 Dec 2006, 11:18:38 pm
well actually des bryne and dr have said since leafa left we will wait and see if any quality players in the second row become available HELLO BOD JT AVAILABLE GO SIGN HIM AND QUICK!!!!

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 19 Dec 2006, 11:37:36 pm
does anyone realistcally know if we are trying/going to sign JT?

what exacly did he do wrong to be sent packing?

i mean the guy has tried his heart out to get fit! and then gets the heav ho?

i reckon stokes has went to NZ on the off season got sumone to come back to play for town and cause JT underperformed last season he has got shot!

i think sum people want us to sign him cause we aint signed anyone! we shouldnt rush into things!
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 20 Dec 2006, 12:02:40 am
i think he would be a good signing whatever the wether the fact we have not signed anyone means nothing to me he is a quality second row nl2 player of the year 2005 i think he would sure be a good signing but will he come

haven1985

Reply #23 on: 20 Dec 2006, 12:26:30 pm
i think he would sign for us.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 20 Dec 2006, 02:06:07 pm
Believe me, you wouldn't want JT anywhere near your club if you had any idea of what he's been up to.

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 20 Dec 2006, 02:13:37 pm
if he comes to haven he will have to buck his ideas up otherwise he would never get in the team but if hes a comitted player keeps top fit he will make the startign lineup but if hes a drinker and a waste of time then be off wid him

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 20 Dec 2006, 02:24:58 pm
Believe me, you wouldn't want JT anywhere near your club if you had any idea of what he's been up to.

what has he been up to??
haven till i die

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 20 Dec 2006, 03:06:44 pm
well actually des bryne and dr have said since leafa left we will wait and see if any quality players in the second row become available HELLO BOD JT AVAILABLE GO SIGN HIM AND QUICK!!!!
Do you think that Town would have got rid of him if they did'nt need to.  I dont know what exactly he has done but if the grapevine is anything to go by we dont need a player that will just be a distraction. 

havenchamps2005

Reply #28 on: 20 Dec 2006, 03:28:28 pm
champ jt is a quality player des and dave have said since leafa left if one becomes avilable we will look into jt has became availble and having seen jt the other he looked fit and raring to go for the new season i say sign jt he would have a point to prove to all the people at town to show them how wrong they were to release him look at wakefield theyve signed ricky bibey and richard moore as projects and there off field problems have gone moore has lost 3 stone so why couldnt we do the same with jt make him a project and help the lad?

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #29 on: 20 Dec 2006, 06:32:09 pm
champ jt is a quality player des and dave have said since leafa left if one becomes avilable we will look into jt has became availble and having seen jt the other he looked fit and raring to go for the new season i say sign jt he would have a point to prove to all the people at town to show them how wrong they were to release him look at wakefield theyve signed ricky bibey and richard moore as projects and there off field problems have gone moore has lost 3 stone so why couldnt we do the same with jt make him a project and help the lad?

I believe signing JT would be a dreadful mistake.  By the sounds of it, Town have given JT umpteen chances to prove himself on and off the field, also going to the trouble to secure him a visa and the decision to let him go will not have been one taken lightly.  If the rumours are thought to be true, we are far better off without him.  Granted, when fully fit and committed he would be a useful addition to us here at Haven.  Another point is, that he is no better than what we already have.  Just because he is available does not mean we have to jump in all guns blazing and sign him.  What could be an option is to take him on an initial trial and if and only if things work out, then him be offered a permanent contract.  As I have said in an earlier post, we have just offloaded a player with similar committment problems - is the risk really worth taking when all could end in tears we are again back to square one?

I think not - some are verging on the side of desperation with the lack of signings but I am sure, if and when the right player with the right attitiude towards committment and good reputation all round comes along, we will be in a position to make an offer.  Lets not panic just yet folks, we have yet to kick a ball!  Have faith in the more than capable squad we have and not clutch at anyone that happens to float by.

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›