HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Could you Really give Celtic a SL franchise ???

Offline home and away

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 21 Jul 2008, 02:44:21 pm
In relation to Celtics application if it is based on playing at Bridgend it should not have even been conisdered. The ground is far from SL standard and I suspect the organistaion of the club is as well. Having spent the weekend there I found the locals had a distinct lack of interest in rugby league and said Union was the game of choice for them. This showed in the crowd, officially 1870 if this is the case then we are guaranteed 6000 for the game against Halifax!!!!! I would have the crowd at around 1000 at the most. It was agood job the Haven fans were there because there would have been more atmosphere on the moon without them. (Hope the supporters coach got back OK). Well done to all those that travelled down made a lot of noise and really got behind the team. Cannot believe people who watched it on TV complaining about us not playing well, tremendous win made for agreat weekend and a shorter journey home.

RL have tried before in Wales and failed and on the basis of this weekend I cannot see anymore enthusiasm down there for the game. I think that also showed in the Millenium Magic weekends when the support was very much from the clubs that were playing there.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 21 Jul 2008, 11:27:03 pm
i agree 100% marra :tip:

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 21 Jul 2008, 11:40:11 pm
Come back in a couple of months when there will no doubt be another story in the haven news along the lines of "building work will start soon we're just waiting for the fella who drives the digger to get out of bed"  ::)

get out of bed. more like get his HGV licencse  ::)
HGV license ? to drive a digger ?
 :witch:

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 22 Jul 2008, 03:36:36 pm
yeh and before you know it it will be a catalans and welsh final and the english sides wont have a cat in hells chance of winning anything. then they will all be happy at the RFL
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 22 Jul 2008, 08:12:11 pm
dont forget the scots, whose the rugby team up there glasgow panthers or summet lol