Hull FC
Hull Kingston Rovers
Leeds Rhinos
Salford City Reds
St Helens
Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
Warrington Wolves
Wigan Warriors

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2008, 10:12:25 am
Its a total farce that Widnes aren't in there over Celtic, absolute disgrace

Online HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2008, 10:13:50 am
RFL must be having a laugh giving celtic australlia one we just proved on saturday that they are not upto super league standard

Leeds and saints will be putting 60 - 70 points every week

Bradford and wigan 40 - 50  each week

and every other team including salford 30 each week

oh well RFL not just ruin National leagues they also ruin Super League aswell

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Online HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2008, 10:14:55 am
Good job Lastackle is up flannerz RFL has been down for about 30 mins now

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2008, 10:22:02 am
An absolute disgrace that Celtic get into Super League

Again, the RFL shafting traditional Rugby League all for the sake of pound notes.

I cannot wait to see Crusaders getting beaten week in, week out and make a mockery of the whole debacle.

:witch:   :witch:    :witch:     :witch:      :witch:      :witch:      :witch:
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

itchy waa waa

Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2008, 10:28:40 am
absolute joke. i agree i want them beat and made to suffer every week. not that many supporters will be bothered cos there crowds are small.   WIDNES shud be up there look at there ground and the fans they get.

Online HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2008, 10:30:51 am
absolute joke. i agree i want them beat and made to suffer every week. not that many supporters will be bothered cos there crowds are small.   WIDNES shud be up there look at there ground and the fans they get.

as much i want widnes not to get through i didnt want celtic to get through

Mrs HW pointed it is for the money not keeping rl the way it is

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2008, 10:35:20 am
It is disgusting that Celtic are in over Widnes. Widnes have everything set up for Super League Celtic still have to do most of the things needed to get a license the only reason they are in is becasue they are from Wales and nobody can say different
haven till i die

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2008, 11:15:51 am
It beggars belief. I firmly believe that promotion and relegation system is the best option for all leagues. That is how it should be.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2008, 11:17:14 am
shocking decision celtic are in

they have no home grown players
there ground is a disgrace
there average gates are under 2000 so how mr lewis comes to the conclusion they have a big fan base baffles me beyond belief?
we are a part time team and have tonked them twice so what are saints and leeds going to do to them?
they are going to have to sign a whole new squad probably 20 australians because that squad they have now isnt good enough
if they are under the overseas quota and salary cap for nl1 ile be a monkeys uncle!

Offline home and away

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 22 Jul 2008, 11:34:05 am
This really is a joke. In 2007 all NL teams that wanted promoted had to have their groundsup to SL standards by end of June or would not be promoted if they won the Grand Final. remember we got knocked back because of this. I am sure this was the reason why our BOD did not apply for a licence. Now the RFL have gone back to accepting promises as they say Celtic have made a committment to do up the ground. Absolute farce. That is obviously the reason why Cas and Wakey stayed in as they could not kick them out and accept the Welsh with a substandard ground. I really believe Widnes may a case to challenge this decision.

Offline haven76

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 22 Jul 2008, 12:33:22 pm
i would have liked to see widnes get through a they are all set up for super league.  what are the rfl expecting celtic crusaders to do?  there is going to be some very big scores down at bridge end next season.  there again the rfl can change the rules as and when they want to as has been proved in many years gone by. 

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 22 Jul 2008, 12:37:22 pm
the rfl are bent
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 22 Jul 2008, 12:40:37 pm
I am wondering WHO elected the NRL committee? Super League clubs themselves? I am curious.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 22 Jul 2008, 01:10:50 pm
Not sure why Widnes desreved a palce other than they play at a council owned ground.  Their squad is made up mainly of other clubs accademy players.

Celtic were in on the back of Sky increased funding > good result for us a league with Widnes in is better / more attractive than one with Celtic, plus Barrow coming up will be positive for us.

Imagine everyone will be part time next year as well to level the playing field.

Vital we get a stand built and put a decent application in in 3 years time.  If we can sort the ground out we may just be a chnace based on our georaphical location