HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Franchise teams are

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #45 on: 22 Jul 2008, 07:39:18 pm
Not that i follow the sport that much but all i can see is this sport being ruined. The teams that are in SL now will be there for the next 10 years in my opinion, who will the kick out in 3 years time???????? no one unless a team from the national league can build a super stadium and have a bank full of cash.............oh and that are not from england neither.

I think its time for the clubs to stick 2 fingers up and the RL and break away maybe get a tv deal with Setanta or some body like that.  As many have pointed out  Windes should have got the place for the obvious reasons. RL is slowly going the same way as football "all about money" all they want to do is go where they think they can make a bit of cash. If people in wales wanted to watch RL there would have been a team createda long long time ago.
But the way things are going neither Haven or Town will be in SL in my lifetime and i am only 22.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #46 on: 22 Jul 2008, 08:04:13 pm
We all new Celtic was going to get in there was never any doubt about that ,but its going to be good looking at the team, theres going to be a big off load of them players thats for sure

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #47 on: 23 Jul 2008, 12:19:54 am
We all new Celtic was going to get in there was never any doubt about that ,but its going to be good looking at the team, theres going to be a big off load of them players thats for sure

Totally agree Marra. I watched Skysports when the result was anounced and they showed the Celtic players all hugging each other and giving it the big high 5's. They all sat round singing some silly song ( probably not in Welsh ) but I bet a few must be thinking about their position's. Maybe there good NL1 players but not up to it at SL

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #48 on: 23 Jul 2008, 03:27:59 pm
celtic need a new squad not 1 of there players are good enough for sl

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #49 on: 23 Jul 2008, 05:28:36 pm
i think its terrible that celtic have got a license i think that halifax and widnes should have gone up i feel so sorry for fax because this year they have proved that they are a good side

what a joke the rfl are !! :witch: :witch: :grrr:
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
Reply #50 on: 25 Jul 2008, 03:32:36 pm
Super League is a joke. No promotion and relegation = no point.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #51 on: 25 Jul 2008, 05:08:38 pm
i think its terrible that celtic have got a license i think that halifax and widnes should have gone up i feel so sorry for fax because this year they have proved that they are a good side

what a joke the rfl are !! :witch: :witch: :grrr:

it isnt just based on being a good side though, the ground has to be up to standard something fax ground isnt as there stand isnt finished, they also have to have a good fanancial back ground and fax were begging were money not so long ago to stop them going into administration so thats 2 things against them straight away imo leigh and widnes should have gone up, leigh have a fantastic new ground it really is something to behold, they havent been done for going into admin, broken any salary cap rules, won a grand final and northern rail cup fairly recently 2004 and 2006,

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #52 on: 25 Jul 2008, 06:18:41 pm
its all about money end of !