HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Workington

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 06 Aug 2008, 08:34:12 am
Well had my 1st really good wander round Workington with our lass the other day since they finished the new shopping complex. Parked in the new car park bit and I have to say I was pretty impressed. Quite a few big named shops are there. I know its not a metro or Trafford centre but its 10 times smarter than what we have.

When you look at King St, its equivalent, it makes our Town look a joke. 1 or 2 premises are now empty. Then there's all the charity shops. Infact there's very little shopping wise to attract anyone to our Town. Then there's the turmoil of our ground and the pow beck regen scheme which has all gone quiet.

Finally there's the maritime festival which would have been held next year but because of building work will now not go ahead. This is the 1 event which attracts many thousands and is a big boost to the area's economy. Why couldn't construction work start right after the last festival. Even if some work was still ongoing it could be fenced off and made safe.

IMO our council are Buffoons. They simply couldn't catch a cold if they tried :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 06 Aug 2008, 09:49:05 am