HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

tonights game

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
on: 29 Dec 2006, 10:11:08 pm
i thought it was a shambles we had no idea what we were doing we lets town walk all over us and there a division lower which makes it worse the man of the match came from steve madden he was class on the wing then when to full back and did a good job but all in all very upset with the score the conditions that the game was played in and we made town look the better team no disrespect but the conditions ruined the game and hopefully will see a better games or games come the nrc but very upset

duffy lost a bit of weight but class

madden even better than last season

jacko very good tackler tonight

no one else wanted to know

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2006, 10:28:17 pm
i thought duffy was poor i know the conditions wernt the best for him as he is a play maker but every time i looked for him he was out next to the centers

maden was good did well to get back and kick that ball out

thought ricky wright had a good game strong running and tackling

and matty played well looked like our best way of scoring
haven till i die

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2006, 10:36:24 pm
the conditions ruined the match town looked the better team because we didnt turn up just like a couple or years ago at dp but luckily we won tonight but very disopointed if we play like this in the season we will be humiliated i feel gutted even though we won

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2006, 10:37:47 pm
Check out the Town site,,,,,,,,Keith and his cronies complaining about the ref and how Mguiness's assault on Baynes was legitamate.
These guys need to get real and realise they were lucky to end up with a full team.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2006, 10:44:19 pm
the weather ruined the game i wouldn't have minded the date changed and loads more people were not have been at work on boxing day

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2006, 10:56:52 pm
Check out the Town site,,,,,,,,Keith and his cronies complaining about the ref and how Mguiness's assault on Baynes was legitamate.
These guys need to get real and realise they were lucky to end up with a full team.

totally agree marra how any one can say that challenge was fair i dont know it was a clear swinging arm to the face hear baines had to have 10 stitches in he's lip dont know if that is true though and yes the ref was poor but he was missing things from both sides town played well and probably deserved to win but we took our chances and defended out line well it was the first game of the year and there is a long way until the season starts
haven till i die

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2006, 11:05:58 pm
Poor  performance  but  then  what  do  you  expect  in  condition's  like  that.  Best  sides  in  the  world  would  have  struggled.  Better  condition's  would  have  suited  us  but  as  it  was  the  constant  rain  dragged  us  down  to  their  level.  Loads  of  penalties  against  us  not  too  mention  them  trying  to  slow  the  game  down.  2  Town  players  sinbinned  which  just  about  sums  it  up.

Still  a  wins  a  win  and  here's  hoping  for  a  lot  better  to  come ;)

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2006, 11:10:06 pm
i think the shot on bain was a clear send off very bad and the player who dun it i found out before off ashley eldsley was meaty and then at the end of the game i was standing next to baines and he looks kk

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 29 Dec 2006, 11:13:10 pm
game ruled by the wheather . but was it just me or did the first half go on for ever?

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 29 Dec 2006, 11:16:50 pm
looked forward to the game for ages but iv never been to a game where i have been bored tonights was the first hope theres no more like it

havenchamps2005

Reply #10 on: 29 Dec 2006, 11:43:51 pm
whitehaven rlfc 4eva the played who gave baynes the high shot was alan mcguiness lunt was in the tackle and went low mcguiness went high!
i thought adam shaw looked very good in defence maden and rob jacko both solid tonight as ever
and im sure i saw a red card proudced tonight for the incident when leroy was assualted on the floor with punches to the face by a certain mr lunt !!! so much for him being better than sicey and matty ! sicey looked like his old self tonight looking for gaps

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 30 Dec 2006, 12:19:58 am

haven marra or Ruby which ever name you prefer, as I also said on the Town site I think the ref had an alright game in the conditions.   You call the tackle on Baines an assault but I and others didn't see it that way.   I think the damage was done by McGuinness's shoulder hitting Baines in the face and I'm sure Dave Rotherham will be looking at the video to check up on that.    None of the officials saw anything wrong with the tackle, so I'll leave it there and await any outcomes that may or may not come about from watching the video.   As I also said on the Town site, there's none so blind as them that don't want to see".
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

havenchamps2005

Reply #12 on: 30 Dec 2006, 12:33:23 am
so when a player cocks him arm back and then swings it in a forward motion making the arm connect with the neck/jaw area not exactly a shoulder shot keith

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 30 Dec 2006, 12:44:55 am
to be honest town where the better team but then were thugs we had 5 fist team starters missing tonight and for the firts game in pre season adn the conditions we played in i thought we did well nothing is easy in them conditions so well done lads lets just get ready for the season come on the haven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

havenchamps2005

Reply #14 on: 30 Dec 2006, 01:20:14 am
agreed haven with a full team and on a dry day would easily beat town as proved in 2005 48-0