HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

tonights game

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 30 Dec 2006, 05:09:59 pm
i thought it was a shambles we had no idea what we were doing we lets town walk all over us and there a division lower which makes it worse the man of the match came from steve madden he was class on the wing then when to full back and did a good job but all in all very upset with the score the conditions that the game was played in and we made town look the better team no disrespect but the conditions ruined the game and hopefully will see a better games or games come the nrc but very upset

duffy lost a bit of weight but class

madden even better than last season

jacko very good tackler tonight

no one else wanted to know

Although this was a local derby lets not forget that it was a friendly, nothing more than a training. Lets judge the team on their performances in competetive meaning full games before we start moaning. Still think our lack of two/ three proven signings off season will cost us when it comes to the crunch!

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #16 on: 30 Dec 2006, 07:24:10 pm
Is that what Town call a friendly, FIST THROWING, hate to see them being ugly.

Calvert played well tonight keep it up Marra you'll do us good this season.

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #17 on: 30 Dec 2006, 07:33:41 pm
Well Bainsy got 5 stitches to the inside of his mouth, thank god it was only McGuiness's shoulder and not his knee as we thought we saw;) ;)the damage could have been worse :o

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 30 Dec 2006, 07:42:44 pm
i thought we played well in those bad weather conditions. i thought steve maden had a good game

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 30 Dec 2006, 07:46:15 pm
the thing that lets us down is we dont have quick plays of the ball we dont think when we go from tackle to tackle we struggled to get out of our own half  even the 20 metre line now i dont now if it was because of the conditions or was it because our players are old and dont have the legs anymore or can they not be botherd because if we can get out of our own 20 against town how we gona cope against the cas tigers lol scary

havenchamps2005

Reply #20 on: 30 Dec 2006, 09:03:48 pm
probably because we kept interchanging every 5 mintues and the weather will have had a big affect on the lads leggs

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 30 Dec 2006, 09:45:22 pm
did ricky wright get on last night and what number was he god i wish we could have squad numbers so we no whos who in bad weather like last night

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 30 Dec 2006, 09:52:06 pm
think it was probably the conditions the pitch looked alomost impossible to run on in some areas also not many teams will make alot of yards just running the ball in and that is all the weather allowed both teams to do if we had tried to play open rugby it would have resulted in more dropped balls therefore a turn over to town IMO i would rather we ran the ball for 4-5 tackles and kicked up the pitch and tried to force a mistake from the opposition rather than throw the ball around in our own 20 and turn over possession
haven till i die

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 30 Dec 2006, 09:52:46 pm
yes ricky played and played well i think he was 12 not sure though
haven till i die

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 30 Dec 2006, 10:13:21 pm
herd hes lost a bit of weight and got a new hairstyle thats prob why i missed seing him i thought on yesterdays performance we were very unfit but just 2 month ago we were playing a very good tongan team ie cumbria and the lads looked super fit what a difference a couple of months do when u dont train eh

has ane1 heard about the game we play against barrow on the 28 th of jan 2 pm kick off at craven park a week before wigan should get us in a better shape for them marras

havenchamps2005

Reply #25 on: 31 Dec 2006, 02:06:56 am
i actually thought a couple of the lads looked like they had lost weight
ie
baynes
wright
duffy
leroy
ricky wright was number 12 but went off injured looked like a concussion

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 31 Dec 2006, 10:29:17 am
Well well what a surprise one game and were saying we are in for a long hard season.  Lets put things into perspective.
1. The conditions were awful and any team struggles to play any kind of rugby in that.
2. Town had most of the ball but could not score and never really looked like scoring.  Reason they could not score was our defence was awsome.(think that makes us quite fit in the conditions)
3. We scored 3 tries to 1
4. We played 10 mins of the 2nd half with only 12 men (mix up on the touchline)
5. That thug McGuinness should have been sent off.  Sorry Keith but if you see that as a fair tackle then i recommend a trip to spec savers.  He cant play rugby and is an out and out thug.  Im sure he will get a ride out of someone this season playing like that.

I was impressed with town but like last season it is the first game of many and dont forget the league they are in will be ultra competetive this season.  As for Haven first game under the belt a good workout and some good signs.  Shaw went very well for his first pro game. Rudd looked good as did Calvert Jackson and Fats and Maden was superb. From what i saw of Baynes he looked fitter.  Matty was sound but Sicey can be our star this season back to his best.  Looking forward to 2007 happy new year everyone.

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 31 Dec 2006, 11:58:37 am
I was about impressed with Town as I was when we beat them 10-0 last season.  They were really up for it, dealt with the awful conditions really well, and I'll say what I said last season, Town would do well if rugby league was a winter sport, unfortunately for them its not. 

Also Whitehaven desevered to win because  our defense was better than their attack, and when we decided to put some effort into attack... we scored.

As far as the tackle on Baynes is concerned... everyone knew what to expect from the 'whitehaven' based Town players didn't they?

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 31 Dec 2006, 01:42:30 pm

4. We played 10 mins of the 2nd half with only 12 men (mix up on the touchline)

I thought at one stage you had 14 on as well Paul!!!!

5. That thug McGuinness should have been sent off.  Sorry Keith but if you see that as a fair tackle then i recommend a trip to spec savers.  He cant play rugby and is an out and out thug.  Im sure he will get a ride out of someone this season playing like that.

You have had the benefit of watching the video no doubt Paul so if that is the way it was then I agree with you and Haven should cite him.  Howeve, others saw it differently as well even an Haven fan told me he thought he had hit him under the rib cage and broke his ribs!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to 2007 happy new year everyone.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

havenchamps2005

Reply #29 on: 31 Dec 2006, 03:21:09 pm
under the rib cage are you jokin? how would that explain baynes being dazed? a blow in the ribs would have meant he would have been lying on the floor rolling in agony