HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New signings

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 25 Aug 2008, 06:14:20 pm
If we aren't careful, we could very quickly find ourselves as no longer the best side in Cumbria. Saying that though, maybe Barrow should ask Widnes and Doncaster what happens when you throw lots of money at players ;)

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2008, 06:47:57 pm
Looks like the rumour mill has cranked into action again in a big way!!!

IMO the first thing we need to have is a definative list of who has contracts and who doesn't.

We could then start to work out who might be leaving and who will be staying. We could then work out the transfer fees we will get when all our best players go to Barrow.  ::)

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 25 Aug 2008, 06:54:49 pm
who is going to barrow??  sice not he got a dif job that means he cant play i heard. gary was linked last year and jacko but gone quite over them,
i heard the rob jackson signing but was told it was confidential untill september. had good year but he nowt special.
howard is as old as leeroy and fats and tane as well hope we dont lose out to age.
aparently ormisher is on his way ou with leeds hot after him

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 25 Aug 2008, 07:32:47 pm
players that are out of contract

broadbent ??
marc jackson ??
sice??
eilbeck ??
wright ??
leroy
fats
manihera
rob jackson
makisi
teare
mcdonald
patrick
ormisher
benson
hodgson
dalton
d.smith
fox ??

out of contract end of next season
chris smith,
gregg mcnally,
david ford,
marc bainbridge,
paul lancaster,
marc shackley,
andrew jones,
danny barker,
karl edmonson,
greame mattinson,
scott mcavoy.
carl rudd,
spencer miller,
howard hill,

i hate town, siceys new job is 4 shifts 2 days 2 nights for 12 hours he then gets 6 days off, how thats going to stop him playing i dont know,

if calvert does go to barrow they will have to pay a transfer fee for him he only signed a new 2 or 3 year deal in 2007 so we can demand what we want for him. not sure if jacko and joey are stil under contract for next season though.
Tane wont be here, leroy and fats could stil be here, howard will stil be here

players we have been linked with
jason mossop, sean lunt,chris young (all town)
paul mennell (batley)
dan russell (gateshead)
brendan rawlins (keighley)

Monte2carlo

Reply #19 on: 25 Aug 2008, 07:51:41 pm
Now then why will our club captan leave in his benefit year ? Maybe at the end of next season.

Monte :tip:

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 25 Aug 2008, 07:57:03 pm
this rawlins signing just doesnt make sense, has it been confirmed any where

why would we sign  a prop (a very good one at that ) who is quota when you could get the same quality and non quota in chris young prop/2nd row from town

young has had just as much impact on NL2 as rawlins and is non quota and and is already settled in the area , to me he would be the more sensible option as it keeps the quota place free for sia or some one else
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 25 Aug 2008, 08:00:10 pm
unless si is coming off the quota  :o

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 25 Aug 2008, 08:05:26 pm
Always thought Barrow gtting promoted could be a double edged sword.  Good for Derby games but a potential threat in terms of player recruitment.

I expect them to sign Liam Campbell for certain from Town and would not be surprised if Lunt also goes.  Gary broadbent is obviously a very real possibility from us.  If the likes of jacko and calvert go it would be the thin end of the wedge and i doubt they would to be honest.

GB works at Selafield which is why trianing here is not such a bind.  Calvert and jacko would find it far  more of a pain going to barrow after work to train.

Re Rob jackson - he would be a loss (a) becasuse he is playing well (b) its a nother position we have to replace.
That said would be surprised if he went to Widnes.

Find the Brendan Rawlinso rumour hard to believe. Mcdonald Edmondson,Hill, Ford, Jacko and poss Fats dosent suggest another prop is necessary.  If fats and Jacko go then like others not sure a Prop as the overseas player is right.  Much prefer us to concentrate on keeping Jacko and pushing for Lunt to partner Mattinson.

Assuming RJ goes GB and Tane retires i think we need a quality centre , a half back, hooker and full back.  

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 25 Aug 2008, 08:23:51 pm
ford could miss all of next season depending on his scan for his knee injury ryan mac hasnt signed a new deal yet

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #24 on: 25 Aug 2008, 08:28:11 pm
Things are looking bleak theN!

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 25 Aug 2008, 08:53:46 pm
sicey defo not playing next season due to new job. heard from another player

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 25 Aug 2008, 09:07:24 pm

i hate town, siceys new job is 4 shifts 2 days 2 nights for 12 hours he then gets 6 days off, how thats going to stop him playing i dont know,

I think you've answered your own quesrtion there haven09!!!

Works 4 shifts (M, T, W & Th) has 6 days off (F,S Su, M, T W) works 4 shifts again (Th, F S, Su) has 6 off (M, T, W, Th, F, S) works 4 (Su, M, T & W_ etc, etc, etc.   Not conducive for playing RL!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 25 Aug 2008, 10:37:35 pm
when the fixtures come out keith all he has to do is put leave in for the games hes working on as he wouldnt be working every sunday

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #28 on: 25 Aug 2008, 10:42:28 pm
 I've got a friend who works those types of shifts and they don't get much leave. 6 days or something i think. He could swap shifts i suppose but that would be a load of hassle wouldnt it!
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 25 Aug 2008, 10:57:35 pm
I would concentrate on keeping Broadbent and M.Jackson initially and THEN start worrying about possible new signings.

Both are irreplaceable.

Then allow Stokes to bring in an overseas player of his choice obviously dependent on the Makisi situation.