HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

havenchamps2005

Reply #15 on: 31 Dec 2006, 03:23:13 pm
tomb4 haven derrie never scored a full length try last season he scored a 40 metre effort against widnes with mick nanyn chasing him in the league game and we no mick isnt the quickest he scored a full lengther in 2005 against barrow with jason roach chasing him

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #16 on: 31 Dec 2006, 04:08:23 pm
 I thought it was Moran chasing him?
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 31 Dec 2006, 04:20:25 pm
He did ! :P   it was near the start

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 31 Dec 2006, 04:28:05 pm
craigs does have astma when he scored tht full lengther aagainst hull kr he had a chest infection

havenchamps2005

Reply #19 on: 31 Dec 2006, 05:22:04 pm
sorry buts its my opinion that derrie not strong enough for a centre not quick enough for a winger and very weak tackler

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 31 Dec 2006, 05:39:56 pm
That,l be calvs go faster stripes hair style .............................zoooooom lol :D :D :D

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 31 Dec 2006, 07:19:35 pm
we signed derrie in 2004 if he was good enough he would have broke into the team in 2005 and 2006 and would have been able to hold down a place in the team its my own opinion that derrie is to light for a centre and not quick enough for a winger and im sorry he showed on more than one occasion last year he is like mick nanyn and a very weak tackler

Derry's only young. I thought he played very well last season and correctly won the most improved player of the season and he did break into the team in 2006.  His all round game is improving and i disagree i think he is capable of tackling and again he's improving at that.

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 31 Dec 2006, 07:29:40 pm
Thank you recregoer

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 31 Dec 2006, 07:34:26 pm
i had noticed last year and against town only are fowards can break tackles if u look around at other teams ie hull kr they broke through most teams last year why arent are centres and secound rowers able to do this are they too small or are they not strong enough but there is only are props who are able to do so

havenchamps2005

Reply #24 on: 31 Dec 2006, 08:07:58 pm
sorry its my opinion carl rudd calvert matty flapper have all made the step up derrie hasnt im sorry how many times did he have the chance to nail his winger against town and missed him dean vaughan shrugged him off easily in a break to light im sorry how many tries did he cost us last year not passing i went to rochdale when we played away in 2006 the game was at leigh he cost us atleast 2-3 tries when maden was open and he took it himself then when we played i belive it was leigh maden came back on the inside and he threw the ball into touch

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 31 Dec 2006, 08:14:37 pm
i have got to agree we are very lucky to have such quality players in madden, duffy , rob jackson , aaron smith they are all sl quality players and we dont use em to there potential

lowca

Reply #26 on: 01 Jan 2007, 01:10:52 pm
Madden, Duffy, Rob Jackson and Aaron Smith are not super league players. Even though they are on super league wages. They are good players at NL1 level, certainly not super league players or they would be at a super league club.

havenchamps2005

Reply #27 on: 01 Jan 2007, 01:37:02 pm
aaron smith was but got  a good job so left
duffy and maden both were at st helens but left to get first team oppertunities
rob jackson played for wigan
steve trindall stil is sl quality

lowca

Reply #28 on: 01 Jan 2007, 02:08:48 pm
Duffy, Rob Jackson, Madden and Aaron Smith, are at Whitehaven because no Super League Team wants them.  Yes they have Super League experience. They are not at a Super League Club because they are not good enough.

They are good players at NL1 level.

Correct me if I am wrong  Aaron Smith has no job outside of rugby.

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 01 Jan 2007, 02:42:29 pm
sorry its my opinion carl rudd calvert matty flapper have all made the step up derrie hasnt im sorry how many times did he have the chance to nail his winger against town and missed him dean vaughan shrugged him off easily in a break to light im sorry how many tries did he cost us last year not passing i went to rochdale when we played away in 2006 the game was at leigh he cost us atleast 2-3 tries when maden was open and he took it himself then when we played i belive it was leigh maden came back on the inside and he threw the ball into touch

I've got to disagree, I wouldn't say Mattie has made it, He only played when another player was unavailable at the end of last season. Teare is only ever going to be a bit part player who'll step in when we have injuries at prop. From that Rochdale game last year to pick Derry out of that side that day is harsh. The whole team were a shambles that day. There were plenty of games when Derry was solid in defence the Leigh away sticks in my mind. At his age he's got learning to do and he's playing in a difficult position and he's had to go straight into that position, unlike the likes of Seeds who spent the start of his pro career on the wing before he moved into centre. Derry improved massively last season, if he continues improving at that rate he's gonna be a really good player. On Friday Night we conceded 1 try and he wasn't to blame for that so what exactly could he of done wrong. Last season he improved more as he got back to back games played and Seeds i doubt is going to play a lot of games this season so Eilbeck again will get a run in the side. Young players need a chance and if people are expecting miracles off them straight away it isn't going to happen. If Eilbeck's defence was so poor we'd be conceding a lot of tries down that side which we've not been when he's played.