HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Can Haven Beat Fax?

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 08 Sep 2008, 09:39:45 am
A great performance yesterday by all however Leigh lacked invention going forward today (probably due to Moran's absence). How can we contain Fax's expansive game and come away from The Shay with a win?

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2008, 12:05:47 pm
1st thing is we have to keep the penalty count down. We did OK yesteray but still gave some needless pens away.

At the end of the day we battered Leigh in the forwards and we need to do the same with the Fax pack. We have pace to burn in the backs but its our big pack thats doing the damage. You would struggle to find a better quartet than Fats, Jacko, Ryan and Carl at the mo. Then add to that Howard, Spence, Makisi and even Gorski that is some size that would take alot of putting down at any level.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2008, 12:37:02 pm
YES ;D ;D ;D

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2008, 12:43:40 pm
OH YES!

Bring em on!

:nod:

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #4 on: 08 Sep 2008, 03:49:06 pm
Heard a rumor that fax are wanting to play the game on a friday anyone else heard this ? hope its not true  :(
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 08 Sep 2008, 04:10:50 pm
The rumour is definitely true, Haven will decide whether to accept or not by the end of today

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #6 on: 08 Sep 2008, 04:14:11 pm
haven should refuse fax know fine well that our lads will have work that day and it wud make it harder for supporters to get there !!!!!!
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #7 on: 08 Sep 2008, 04:21:56 pm
Im not saying were definatly going to win but if we do, how are the players gonna get 2 celtic(if they lose) with work issues and we cant afford to pay for an overnight stay. Lets hope salford get beat and we win, its possible. ;D

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 08 Sep 2008, 04:25:38 pm
Heard a rumor that fax are wanting to play the game on a friday anyone else heard this ? hope its not true  :(

I believe they are asking Haven to play either Fri or Sat to enable which ever team wins EXTRA RECOVERY, because the winner will have to play on the Thurs Night.

So if we choose to play Sat, although we have One Less Day Recovery, we will GAIN if we win.

Tough choice i think

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 08 Sep 2008, 04:41:39 pm

I believe they are asking Haven to play either Fri or Sat to enable which ever team wins EXTRA RECOVERY, because the winner will have to play on the Thurs Night.

So if we choose to play Sat, although we have One Less Day Recovery, we will GAIN if we win.

Tough choice i think

saturday seems the best option
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 08 Sep 2008, 04:42:37 pm
hope it is Sat better for me  ;D

Offline haven die hard

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 08 Sep 2008, 08:01:57 pm
We can win, need to make sure of one on one tackles and improve on the penalty count.
Then there is the not small matter keeping a certain Mr Holroyd quiet!!!
But we can and WILL win. Hope its sunday & like a Leigh lad said on here, Salford get beat, cos I fancy a trip to Wales
like a hole in the head!!
Fax 1st, Salford 2nd, then the Crooksaders at the Halliwell Jones!

What a finish to the season that would be.
Beating Fax & the two Super League new boys

come on Haven we can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 09 Sep 2008, 12:24:53 am
Gonna be hard for you guys to win at Fax (hope you do cos the Fax fans are getting a bit big headed IMO), but to be honest I think it will be a game to far for you guys at the weekend I`m afraid.

Go for Fax 36 Haven 14.

(Sorry) :'(

Just think after watching them last Thursday - they will be far too strong for you.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 09 Sep 2008, 12:32:29 pm
id never count us out now, it will be a hard game but we can pull it off
hope jacko,s hand is ok

Offline jrobbo

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 14 Sep 2008, 06:53:51 pm
Gonna be hard for you guys to win at Fax (hope you do cos the Fax fans are getting a bit big headed IMO), but to be honest I think it will be a game to far for you guys at the weekend I`m afraid.

Go for Fax 36 Haven 14.

(Sorry) :'(

Just think after watching them last Thursday - they will be far too strong for you.
say what? :D