nl divisions to be televised

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
on: 01 Jan 2007, 02:38:22 am

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 01 Jan 2007, 02:44:31 am
I was going to post that.  :P

Yeah it would be great news if it is true, can't be certain on one media report though so we'll have to wait and see.  Wonder how often we'd be likely to feature....

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 01 Jan 2007, 02:47:15 am
unlucky mate yea hope its true think we would be on as much as any other teams but u cant trust the rfl wid summet like this mate

havenchamps2005

Reply #3 on: 01 Jan 2007, 11:42:48 am
thursday night games dont appeal to me i prefer the sundays

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 01 Jan 2007, 11:56:14 am
thursday night games dont appeal to me i prefer the sundays

Some folk are never happy, they are not going to televise Sundays, when they have to compete with Footy.

I am sure if the clubs are been well compensated, they will be happy to play Thurs evenings.

TW

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 01 Jan 2007, 01:27:51 pm
Hope its true would be great that, i think its not going on weekends because it would clash with super league games it says. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

havenchamps2005

Reply #6 on: 01 Jan 2007, 01:38:07 pm
well haven warrior i know what i would rather watch on a sunday rugby or football
rugby wins all the time for me!

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 01 Jan 2007, 01:50:55 pm
well haven warrior i know what i would rather watch on a sunday rugby or football
rugby wins all the time for me!
Well it's not what you want that counts, it's what the viewers want that matters.  A lot of rugby league fans are also football fans and in a choice between second tier rugby and first tier football, all but a small hardcore of RL supporters would go for the latter.  Plus, the hardcore are out watching their own teams play on a Sunday, so it just doesn't make sense if Eurosport want to make money on it.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 01 Jan 2007, 04:49:47 pm
can't believe noboidy has picked up on the most worrying part of the article in the paper, reading further down there is a piece saying that karl kirkpatrick isnt one of the 6 refs to go full time for SL, so you know what that means!?!?!?!?!?!?

yes he'll end up reffing in our division,probably more of our games,OH NO! THERE GOES THE SEASON!

god help us all
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 01 Jan 2007, 08:59:30 pm
i am not bothered as long as NL gets on the telly and stop SL getting all the limlelight for once

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #10 on: 01 Jan 2007, 09:41:33 pm
i am not bothered as long as NL gets on the telly and stop SL getting all the limlelight for once

my sentiments also

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 02 Jan 2007, 12:56:43 am
Its  about  time  someone  featured  games  from  the  lower  division's.  If  SKY  can  show  live  Conference  footy  games  then  surely  its  about  time  someone  showed  games  from  NL1/2.

Lets  hope  its  a  big  success ;)

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 02 Jan 2007, 03:26:05 pm
yer i hope it is too , we can see other teams and how there form is too. after we,v been down to the match  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 2007, 02:51:21 pm
Although the fees paid to each club featured would be miniscule if at all the exposure to NL1 would be priceless. Only problem i can see to ourselves is that i can see both home games against Cas / Widnes beig selected for broadcast. With the vast majority of our team part time this could cause problems with regards to time off ect and players being tired.

It also could cause attendances for our big home games to plummet as i cant see Cas / Widnes fans travelling in great numbers to the Recre on a Thursday night again due to work commitments and travelling involved, this could be said of our away support for the big games.

Could the increased exposure also prevent the RL powers that be abandoning relegation and promotion?

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 04 Jan 2007, 08:35:43 pm
It should certainly help clubs to get more and better sponsorship being televised throughout Europe.   
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!