HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

our pitch

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
on: 15 Jan 2007, 07:09:09 pm
does ane1 think we should have it widend because when u look at it its nowhere near the size of widnes field and most other fields but shurley we can do what hull kr have done look at the success they had on a wider field so i think it could benefit us too and there is room to do this and just think what it could be like for calvert, rob jackson, sicey,steve maden and the other haven flyers i think this would repay the club very well and would and would make us play even more exspansive rugby ane1 agree  but other than that our field in summer is one of the best fields outside sl and would make it that more better with more width and the players would apreciate it and use it more

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2007, 07:15:10 pm
our home record is fantastic so in my opinion i think we should leave it as it is
NO PAIN NO GAIN

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2007, 07:25:11 pm
our record speaks for itself mate i know but just think about Calvert and madden and the rest they would be untouchable its only cos of the width of the field we haven seen the best of Steve madden and co signings made so just think what we might see

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2007, 07:45:05 pm
does ane1 think we should have it widend because when u look at it its nowhere near the size of widnes field and most other fields but shurley we can do what hull kr have done look at the success they had on a wider field so i think it could benefit us too and there is room to do this and just think what it could be like for calvert, rob jackson, sicey,steve maden and the other haven flyers i think this would repay the club very well and would and would make us play even more exspansive rugby ane1 agree  but other than that our field in summer is one of the best fields outside sl and would make it that more better with more width and the players would apreciate it and use it more
Our pitch is actually one of the biggest in the league and super league.  The fact that the popular side touchline is about 8 ft from the wall and the grandstand side is right on the path gives it a lopsided look. 

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2007, 07:50:42 pm
we need to make improvements to the ground and im not starting on about the grandstand but u have to agree with me that compared to most grounds ours is an apsolute mess it must be said i mean the rugby that gets played there is far to good and if we could just make little improvements to it thats probably why when we come to sighn players we dont get any because they will come and look at the stadium and think what a dump im not being negative to have but these problems have to be sorted out and make us look more professional than what we already have SUMTHINGS MUST BE DONE LOL
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2007, 06:34:35 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2007, 06:09:56 pm
are you turning to reg lol

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2007, 11:12:28 pm
no marra no chance of that lol

havenchamps2005

Reply #7 on: 16 Jan 2007, 11:44:33 pm
i dont think they do think are ground is a dump look at who has been at the club  ( from outside whitehaven) while the ground has been like that
warren stevens
chris campbell
matt sturm
sam obst
ryan tandy
joel penny
aaron summers
mark leafa
aaron smith
steve trindall
ian morrison
john duffy
rob jackson
oliver wilkes
steve maden
aaron lester
david fatialofa
leroy joe
all those have had sl or nrl experiance so i dont think they look at are ground and think what a dump because they all enjoyed there stay with the club
yes we need a stand and i belive are bod wil give us two one for the popular side and one for the railway end i have no doubts about that
keep the faith marras

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2007, 07:51:50 am
it dont matter who,s signd and who hasnt we need the stand sorted end of !!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 17 Jan 2007, 12:33:36 pm
We  could  also  do  with  a  decent  clubhouse  If  they  had  the  cash  I  would  get  shot  of  both  portacabins  and  build  one  big  club  with  an  upstairs  for  functions.

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 17 Jan 2007, 06:27:04 pm
Well i was talking with my dad at the haven town match n he said that we should make the dead ball shorter against teams who like to kick a lot! so theres a idea to help keep scores down but it would work against us to so good idea but bad at thesame time.