HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ryan Tandy

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
on: 04 Jan 2007, 12:05:22 pm
Anybody know what he is upto following his decision not to re-sign with Widnes?

Any chance of us getting him back for 2007? Would be a good addition to the team/squad.

havenchamps2005

Reply #1 on: 04 Jan 2007, 01:26:00 pm
gone back to oz mate to look over some nrl offers belive he has also had an offer from hull kr to play with them for 12 months

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 04 Jan 2007, 02:54:12 pm
Our board wouldnt pay what would be required to gain his signature and with an abundance of decent front rowers at the moment (Baynes staying in shape permitting) i dont think he would be worth the money, although i do rate him above any other forward currently on our books.

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 04 Jan 2007, 02:56:01 pm
If he's not fixed himself up with a club in Oz, Whitehaven should be talking to him.

Perfect signing, will add something to the team/squad. Is a known quantity - no risk taking and best of all non-quota.

Read in News & Star that apparently made a pitch for Lavu-Lavu, surely Tandy would be a better proposition.

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 04 Jan 2007, 03:06:09 pm
As i said before theres no way the board would sign him. He would want wages amounting to what we currently pay half our squad put together and a massive signing on fee. I'm actually quite surprised a SL club haven't picked him up as although his temperament is in question his rugby playing ability isn't. He could do a great job for the likes of KR, Wakefield and Hudds and hes non quota!

As for Lavu-Lavu ill reserve judgment i think. I'm still waiting for Rotheram to make use of his top flight 'connections' to be honest. For all my criticisms of the board/ coach i really did expect at least one new signing off season!

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 04 Jan 2007, 03:23:56 pm
We would all like signings, but they must be the right players. No use in bringing in a player for the sake of it. Whoever we do sign must be able to push for a place in the starting 17 to warrant it.

I believe the board would back DR, if the right player became available and the player was affordable.

As for DR connections, I am sure he could bring in a number of under-21s, but that is not what we want or need. As detailed above whoever we bring in must be able to contribute in the starting 17.

With the season being so close, a lot of Super League clubs are holding onto their players to ensure that they have the right squad to start the season, however a couple of months in - some players might be made available.

So if we don't manage to sign the right player before the start of the season, maybe we can pick someone up mid-season by having the money available.

Regarding Tandy, if he is available and wants to come back, I believe DR & the board should sit down and talk with his agent to try and get him back. He would give the team that extra go forward needed. Yes we do have a number of Props on the books, but at the moment I would rate only Trindall, Fats & Jacko as good enough to start. Baynes still needs to prove himself and is forever injured, Hill is good but perhaps better as a Rep at Second Row and Teare is still unproven.

Tandy, Trindall, Fats & Jacko would make an excellant 4 props in the 17, to ensure that there is no let up when the Reps are on the field.

Also if injuries hit us again this season, Tandy is more than capable of playing Second Row.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 04 Jan 2007, 03:40:03 pm
As i said before theres no way the board would sign him. He would want wages amounting to what we currently pay half our squad put together and a massive signing on fee. I'm actually quite surprised a SL club haven't picked him up as although his temperament is in question his rugby playing ability isn't. He could do a great job for the likes of KR, Wakefield and Hudds and hes non quota!

As for Lavu-Lavu ill reserve judgment i think. I'm still waiting for Rotheram to make use of his top flight 'connections' to be honest. For all my criticisms of the board/ coach i really did expect at least one new signing off season!

I see you actually made it into the programme on Friday evening Reg for your criticism of Des.    Fame at last, eh!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 04 Jan 2007, 05:16:17 pm
I didnt buy one, what did it say?

havenchamps2005

Reply #8 on: 04 Jan 2007, 06:18:40 pm
tandy wanted 30k to stay with us before he went to widnes i wouldnt want him back he turned his back on us for more money so why should we take him back now because he wants a club!!!!

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #9 on: 04 Jan 2007, 07:18:07 pm
b------- to tandy ,, he's an a---

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 04 Jan 2007, 08:23:20 pm

Karl Connor of the Whitehaven News and RL Express wrote," I had the pleasure of Des Byrne's company at the Cumbria Sports Awards at the Low Wood Hotel in Windermere recently and we talked rugby til gone 3am.  Let me tell you that anyone who doubts his passion (you know who you are Regdunnsflattop, even if we don't) is very much mistaken"..
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #11 on: 04 Jan 2007, 08:54:38 pm

Karl Connor of the Whitehaven News and RL Express wrote," I had the pleasure of Des Byrne's company at the Cumbria Sports Awards at the Low Wood Hotel in Windermere recently and we talked rugby til gone 3am.  Let me tell you that anyone who doubts his passion (you know who you are Regdunnsflattop, even if we don't) is very much mistaken"..
                      top man des  8)

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 04 Jan 2007, 09:31:42 pm

top man des  8)

Although im not of that persuasion if someone or a group of people care to sit up into the wee hours talking about the FlatTop then its ok by me.

And Karl i never for one minute questioned the passion of the board merely there objectives and suitability to take Whitehaven rlfc forward.

I think its about time they gave me a column in the program, Shout It From The Flat Tops. Its about time they let me tell it how it is, was and how it should be.

havenchamps2005

Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 2007, 10:52:12 pm
i dont becase your a clown !!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 05 Jan 2007, 01:22:09 am
tandy is training with castleford its on there forum him and a sl prop