HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

tunstall in

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2008, 04:23:39 pm
who are the 4 haven players town are set to announce?

i know they were linked with
sice, hodgson,eilbeck and teare but eilbecks signed again with us, teare has turned town down to go back to the brow sicey has gone back to kells and hodgson is at distington

maybe bamber?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2008, 05:22:51 pm
welcome to whitehaven Tutty,

heres hoping you are a success,

i'm sure you'll enjoy your time with us!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Monte2carlo

Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2008, 05:37:08 pm
Welcome to Haven.

Monte ))))

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:06:00 pm
Um  Not sure at all really i know we need props with Fats / Ford / Hill unlikley to feature for various reasons  Not sure Tunstall is as good as any of them though.

Just hope we bring in some quality Dexter and Tunstall...I know we have to trust the coach! 

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:42:17 pm
ive seen town a few times this year, tunstall and young have been towns best preformers when ive seen them, obviousley time will tell with this signing but then again we all wrote mcdonald off

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2008, 08:45:48 pm
ive seen town a few times this year, tunstall and young have been towns best preformers when ive seen them, obviousley time will tell with this signing but then again we all wrote mcdonald off

How many times is that then haven09?     As I said on a previous thread, Tunstall has been with Town for 10 years, just had his testimonial, and I am struggling to think of a match when he actually broke a tackle.    This year he has taken the ball up quite a lot and made a lot of off-loads in the tackle, some of them very bad off-loads as well, but not breaking tackles.   A lot of effort put in and for that I would say he was Town's player of the season in a very poor season.

He is/was in the Scottish train-on squad for the World Cup in Oz and with DR being the Scottish assistant coach (to S McC) could his signing for Haven mean that he hasn't been included in the 24 to go to Oz?    I'm sure that we did see the best of Tutty this past season for that reason so there is obviously some ability there when he can be bothered.

I gather Sice could be at Town next season as well!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2008, 08:48:49 pm
sice n DR wasnt a great friendship. fink hodgson a link

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2008, 11:01:25 pm
I don't think tunstall will be any more than 5th Prop to be honest.

Edmondson, Mcdonald, Jacko and both Hill and Ford if they can get back playing will be ahead of him.  Still home to be honest we have a another Prop to come in.  Chris Young would have been better or even Burgess.

Just hope we have two or three more signings to make and that they are "more inspiring" than Dexter and Tunstall niether are what the fans hoped for in terms of quality.  I would for example take Gorski before Dexter any day if it came to a choice. 

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 20 Sep 2008, 11:06:11 pm
gorski had talks about a new deal last week

seen town about 4 or 5 times this year keith young and tunstall were the stand out preformers.

wouldnt want dean burgess back at the club plus hasnt he just signed a new deal with town?

i think craig hodgson will end up at town, maybe bamber?

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 20 Sep 2008, 11:07:03 pm
lets give them a chance again. ade was slated as a half desent nl2 player and he been great for us give these boys a chanc

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 20 Sep 2008, 11:11:35 pm
Yeah we know Tunstall and dexter well though neither could claim to be an unkown quantity in RL terms round these parts!

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 21 Sep 2008, 09:24:24 pm
I've watched a few Town games over the last few seasons, I must admit Tunstall has never ever impressed me, personally I wouldn't even see him as holding his place down for the Brow.
Obviously Ged Stokes sees something in him that I've never seen him produce, and Ged has proved this season he can motivate players a lot of people think are poor / burnt out so we've got to support the signing, but I do think this one could possibly be a bridge too far, hope I'm proved wrong.

I think a better option would have been to get Richard Farrar on board, he's a cracking young player with a good future ahead of him.

Offline Javtee

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 21 Sep 2008, 09:30:05 pm
Crack last night was that we have approached Philip Leuleui from Salford.  I'm not sure he's one that McCrae is getting rid of but he would certainly bolster our pack.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 21 Sep 2008, 10:04:27 pm
Crack last night was that we have approached Philip Leuleui from Salford.  I'm not sure he's one that McCrae is getting rid of but he would certainly bolster our pack.

He certainly would be a good signing. Very big unit who would go well in our pack. I take it he isn't quota?