HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Gary Broadbent!

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
on: 28 Sep 2008, 06:56:19 pm
Does anyone have any idea of what is happening with Gary?

Staying?
Going?
Offered terms?
Not offered terms?

Any ideas?

:(

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2008, 07:39:23 pm
he has held talks with haven

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2008, 08:30:47 pm
think we need this sorted once and for all, so that if he does go we can make sure benson is signed and if needed bring in another FB

« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2008, 08:50:30 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2008, 08:39:34 pm
Hope he is staying, fingers crossed!!!!!

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2008, 08:56:34 pm
he has held talks with haven

i dont think he has. haven told him they will sort a new contract for him but he is delaying talks. think he will sign though

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2008, 08:58:37 pm
Well i for one say what ever money the club are contemplating throughing at Holroyd give it to Broadbent who is twice the player

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2008, 10:11:38 pm
Well i for one say what ever money the club are contemplating throughing at Holroyd give it to Broadbent who is twice the player

There must be a full moon or something, because for once Boxer and I are in 100% complete agreement!

;D

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2008, 10:22:38 pm

At which point have the club said they wer contemplating signing Graham Holroyd?

We dont need him.

If we have been sniffing around him then you can be sure he'll only have been talking to us in an attempt to look 'in demand' and squeeze every penny out of whoever sign him. Id go for Leigh as favourites at the moment, they need a 1/2 back.

Offline Norm Deplume

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 30 Sep 2008, 10:32:41 am
I agree that GB staying should be the number one priority -- but if Barrow offer him silly money could you blame him if, at his age, he went down there?

I'd wonder how many of the Celtic side are going to be let go now that they have gone up, if we could get that Duggan I'd carry him up from Wales on my back.

Aaron Summers looked good for them on Sunday to, but I suspect if he gets released he'll go back to Widnes along with Jordon James

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 30 Sep 2008, 10:35:36 am
Haven't we got a testimonial against Bradford for GB ;)

Offline Norm Deplume

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 30 Sep 2008, 10:57:42 am
That was what i thought -- but if you read the official notice on the homepage of the clubsite it announces the game and doesn't mention anything about it being a testimonial.

Personally I don't think it should be either -- GB has been fantastic for Haven, probably the best full back since JJ McKeown (certainly the best in the past 15 years while I've been watching) but he has been very well paid for his services.

If the club can get a game against Bradford then the gate money should be used to help pay off some of the loans or generally with the season's expenses.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 30 Sep 2008, 02:27:31 pm
If he signs more than happy for a testomonial for him,  if he wants to play for Barrow let them put a game on for him.  Sounds fair to me