HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Mystery 'MASSIVE' signing ?

Offline havenz

• Academy Signing
Reply #180 on: 30 Sep 2008, 06:05:21 pm

No matter what the requirement is to be on the BOD they are the people who rightly or wrongly run the club so if anyone wants to change anything let them put their hand up ask to join and then as some would seem to want, ask the fans who to sign............ I cant think of any club in any sport who have that policy

Offline havenz

• Academy Signing
Reply #181 on: 30 Sep 2008, 06:07:43 pm
Monte's correct some of the ex directors have ploughed thousands into the club over the years through sponsorship etc............... SEAT for one

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #182 on: 30 Sep 2008, 06:34:33 pm
P.S Im happy for everyone know Im Chris whose  running another Haven site of my said username
231 members already know that  ;)

So J1LP (Chris) whoever are you? I bet you're a Town fan really and just coming on here to stir things up. I bet you've never stood on the popular side aroung the half way line. Whoever you are don't try to get us Haven fans agitated again. Its awful when you Townies come on here stirring things up, bl**dy troublemakers get a life  :D :D :D

Big mistake mate, J1LP is a long standing haven fan, lots of humble pie for you

forget the humble pie...bring me the cash he he

I'll bring you that money when you can guarantee plenty of humble pie in the buffet for the Christmas do  :D. By the way my brothers got a special request of scotch eggs and sausage rolls, they're not readily available where he's at  ;)

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #183 on: 30 Sep 2008, 06:58:55 pm
Can I just remind everybody on this thread that the only mention of a 'massive' signing is on this thread!!!!  The thread was sparked by the comments in last weeks Whitehaven News where the phrase 'pretty big name' was used, not a massive signing.  Don't be dissappointed if the expectations that you have bulit up yourselves are not met!

That said, I wonder if Haven were one of the six clubs chasing James Webster, before he signed for Widnes?
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #184 on: 30 Sep 2008, 07:07:22 pm

Whats going on down at the Recreation Ground? The club have the touch of a rapist when it comes to media relations and communicating with us fans. Perhaps some of the money thats been earmarked for this 'massive signing' would be better spent in public relations? Either appoint someone who is responsible for such matters (including the poorly updated website) or put the role out to tenure. Im sure there would be a student at the Uni of Cumbria who would jump at the chance of getting a bit of experience in such a role. Its not exactly a difficult job is it? No wonder we struggle to attract sponsorship. Where was the press conference when we signed Russell, i have yet to even see the lad with a Haven shirt on!

Dealing with the media and promoting the club in the same field is a massive part of modern sport. We are lagging behind most clubs even in the division below. It needs to change if we are to be a success. And quickly.

Lastly i wonder if Ade objected to sharing his Bigrigg residence with a certain portly half back from Yorkshire? I heard he was seeking assurances from the club that they'd furnish his flat with a lockable fridge to prevent the person in question from scuppering all his food. Poor Ade would waste away!

Clue no. 136589 -   The 'massive new signing' loves a scotch egg or 10.

Yoy seem to have jumped to a few conclusions yourself........I hope there actually is a massive signing and that your clues stack up against who it is................time will no doubt tell  however a rugby club appoints a coach who at some stage will ask his BOD to consider new signings these people will then decide together the next steps........

They do not consult fans on these matters thats why we are fans and they are doing the jobs they do, should we wish to be a part of any decision making regarding new players we'd have to put our hands in our pockets join the BOD and have our ten penneth until then we have to tittle tattle on these pages pretending we all know best, some of you predicting the future, should GS have agreed to any signings its on his head at the end of the day........
He is the one whos job depends on his team, leave well alone unless asked.   

Havenz I don't think that RDFT was saying that we fans should be in on decisions? He was just making the point that the public relations and media abilities of the club are woeful and need a great deal of improvement. Just like other clubs who communicate what is going on with their fans. It's not about allowing fans to be in on decisions its about making us feel like we are part of the club. And as for your comment on money I think you will find that we all put our bit in throught the season and without the fans the club wouldn't exist! All we ask for is to be treated with the respect that we deserve.

justonelilpoint

Reply #185 on: 30 Sep 2008, 07:22:26 pm
P.S Im happy for everyone know Im Chris whose  running another Haven site of my said username
231 members already know that  ;)

So J1LP (Chris) whoever are you? I bet you're a Town fan really and just coming on here to stir things up. I bet you've never stood on the popular side aroung the half way line. Whoever you are don't try to get us Haven fans agitated again. Its awful when you Townies come on here stirring things up, bl**dy troublemakers get a life  :D :D :D

Big mistake mate, J1LP is a long standing haven fan, lots of humble pie for you

forget the humble pie...bring me the cash he he

I'll bring you that money when you can guarantee plenty of humble pie in the buffet for the Christmas do  :D. By the way my brothers got a special request of scotch eggs and sausage rolls, they're not readily available where he's at  ;)

Yeah bought job lot in  for the following season,will announce the scotch egg eater as the new signing on the 20th

Offline havenz

• Academy Signing
Reply #186 on: 30 Sep 2008, 07:37:01 pm

Whats going on down at the Recreation Ground? The club have the touch of a rapist when it comes to media relations and communicating with us fans. Perhaps some of the money thats been earmarked for this 'massive signing' would be better spent in public relations? Either appoint someone who is responsible for such matters (including the poorly updated website) or put the role out to tenure. Im sure there would be a student at the Uni of Cumbria who would jump at the chance of getting a bit of experience in such a role. Its not exactly a difficult job is it? No wonder we struggle to attract sponsorship. Where was the press conference when we signed Russell, i have yet to even see the lad with a Haven shirt on!

Dealing with the media and promoting the club in the same field is a massive part of modern sport. We are lagging behind most clubs even in the division below. It needs to change if we are to be a success. And quickly.

Lastly i wonder if Ade objected to sharing his Bigrigg residence with a certain portly half back from Yorkshire? I heard he was seeking assurances from the club that they'd furnish his flat with a lockable fridge to prevent the person in question from scuppering all his food. Poor Ade would waste away!

Clue no. 136589 -   The 'massive new signing' loves a scotch egg or 10.

Yoy seem to have jumped to a few conclusions yourself........I hope there actually is a massive signing and that your clues stack up against who it is................time will no doubt tell  however a rugby club appoints a coach who at some stage will ask his BOD to consider new signings these people will then decide together the next steps........

They do not consult fans on these matters thats why we are fans and they are doing the jobs they do, should we wish to be a part of any decision making regarding new players we'd have to put our hands in our pockets join the BOD and have our ten penneth until then we have to tittle tattle on these pages pretending we all know best, some of you predicting the future, should GS have agreed to any signings its on his head at the end of the day........
He is the one whos job depends on his team, leave well alone unless asked.   

Havenz I don't think that RDFT was saying that we fans should be in on decisions? He was just making the point that the public relations and media abilities of the club are woeful and need a great deal of improvement. Just like other clubs who communicate what is going on with their fans. It's not about allowing fans to be in on decisions its about making us feel like we are part of the club. And as for your comment on money I think you will find that we all put our bit in throught the season and without the fans the club wouldn't exist! All we ask for is to be treated with the respect that we deserve.

Im not sure how the club are being disrespectful to anyone, they havent mentioned any signings....... until they have been made therefore not leaving themselves open to bad press, they I, presume consult the coach as he's the person responsible for team affairs.
I too put my money in through attending games etc but im a fan no more if ididnt agree with what was happening i would turn up thats what fans do, what is there to communicate if nothing is happening......until it does "past tense" whats to say?
what information would you like from the club? what do we "Fans" need to know
Im certain they will announce next seasons prices, season ticket sales, new strip, fixtures well in advance so no "Fans" will miss out on a thing 
One point i doo agree with we could have got some decent publicity out of Dan Russells signing however do we know why this hasn't happened as yet perhaps theres a good reason.

justonelilpoint

Reply #187 on: 30 Sep 2008, 07:58:40 pm
Im with RDFT on this one, But its an old agrument thats been going on since the advent of the internet
Directors have come and gone and nowt changes It ijust snt worth debating anymore.
Be a long while before todays generation of internet users who know its value become board members...until then we always have Alan irving  ::)

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #188 on: 30 Sep 2008, 08:14:21 pm
the so called MASSIVE signing that may be joining haven    IS  stacey jones. 

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #189 on: 30 Sep 2008, 08:18:25 pm
 :shake:

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #190 on: 30 Sep 2008, 08:19:44 pm
 :nod: :nod:

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
Reply #191 on: 30 Sep 2008, 08:20:37 pm
never happen

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #192 on: 30 Sep 2008, 08:35:00 pm
why.   What nationality is your coach, what nationality is jones?  think about it.  correct me if i'm wrong but didnt he retire so therefore a free agent?  not suprised not many know as other clubs would be hovering around if they knew jones was available.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
Reply #193 on: 30 Sep 2008, 08:49:47 pm
as you stated he retired.why would he want to play again he's got nothing to prove.and why would he want to play for us? just can't see it

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #194 on: 30 Sep 2008, 09:02:15 pm
ok marra but we'll see.  i watch both clubs and would love to see him playing in cumbria.  think i'm right though