HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New Stand

Guest · 33 · 3082

havenchamps2005

Reply #30 on: 21 Mar 2007, 04:40:52 pm
we have alot of builders who are die hards at whitehaven rlfc now im sure if whitehaven approached these builders and said look we will pay for the materials if you put us up a new clubhouse and we wil give you a couple of free season tickets i think these builders would do this

i know a lad who works for bt he offerd to get a cherry picker and clean the drains on the kells end stand whitehavens first questions to him was how much wil this cost?? he said nothing ile do it for free they said we will get back to you that was 2 years ago i also know an electrician who said he would sort the floodlights out because they are a disgrace egremonts are better and there an amatuer team

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #31 on: 21 Mar 2007, 06:33:10 pm
We have an electrician that works for the club free of charge.  The lights are over 20 years old and need replaced.  There is not a line of tradesman lining up to work for nothing as you seem to think.  Even if there was do you think they could get 4-6 months off work to help out and have no wages for that amount of time.  Where we gonna build this new club house being that the proposed new road is going right through the present offices and club.  Untill the Pow beck plan is finalised there is no point in building anything new just for it to be pulled down again.

havenchamps2005

Reply #32 on: 21 Mar 2007, 10:23:16 pm
is the pow beck when we get are new stand / stadium  ::)