HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Forum Stance

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 02 Oct 2008, 09:20:30 pm
I had posted this in reply to the 'Unofficial Forum' topic. However I felt such an announcement deserved a topic in it's own right.

Note the following is in regards to the club asking for specific messages to be removed from the website

This forum is run by fans for the fans. It originally started out as the official club forum but over 18 months ago, the club decided to distance themselves for it. That been said, there still has been quite a close link between the club officially and the forum itself.

I can now state that our stance on future matters is that anything that appears on here, providing it is not libellous, will remain intact regardless of any official comments made by the club. The website is hosted on a completely separate server funded by myself and has no connection at all with the club. If the club wanted to maintain an element of control of matters on here, then they shouldn't have made the decision to make the forum unofficial.

Obviously in exceptional circumstances such as the situation regarding Howard Hill then we would monitor what was posted, however any general request from the club will be acknowledged but not actioned.

I was going to make this announcement sooner but thought it would be good to wait until the new look forum was launched as it visually shows our new stance.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2008, 09:37:40 pm
I had posted this in reply to the 'Unofficial Forum' topic. However I felt such an announcement deserved a topic in it's own right.

Note the following is in regards to the club asking for specific messages to be removed from the website

This forum is run by fans for the fans. It originally started out as the official club forum but over 18 months ago, the club decided to distance themselves for it. That been said, there still has been quite a close link between the club officially and the forum itself.

I can now state that our stance on future matters is that anything that appears on here, providing it is not libellous, will remain intact regardless of any official comments made by the club. The website is hosted on a completely separate server funded by myself and has no connection at all with the club. If the club wanted to maintain an element of control of matters on here, then they shouldn't have made the decision to make the forum unofficial.

Obviously in exceptional circumstances such as the situation regarding Howard Hill then we would monitor what was posted, however any general request from the club will be acknowledged but not actioned.

I was going to make this announcement sooner but thought it would be good to wait until the new look forum was launched as it visually shows our new stance.

Wonders how long before Flannerz gets a call, because Big Brother is always watching.

But have to agree, its the right way to go.

HW

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2008, 09:41:48 pm

Wonders how long before Flannerz gets a call, because Big Brother is always watching.

HW

At the end of the day, I've done more than my fair share for the club over the past few years with little thanks from those involved apart from a select few. This site is independently hosted and wasn't actually called 'HavenFans' back when it was official so as far as I am concerned as long as posts are not obscene or libellous, then there is little that can be said by the club.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 02 Oct 2008, 10:51:19 pm

HW

At the end of the day, I've done more than my fair share for the club over the past few years with little thanks from those involved apart from a select few. This site is independently hosted and wasn't actually called 'HavenFans' back when it was official so as far as I am concerned as long as posts are not obscene or libellous, then there is little that can be said by the club.

GOOD!

;D