HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ike Southward Trophy

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #30 on: 28 Dec 2008, 09:49:01 am
If the ref wasnt local how could have they a pitch inspection he cant of been there

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #31 on: 28 Dec 2008, 09:54:10 am
Match will be played on Sunday the 4th of Jan at 3pm - That is official

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #32 on: 28 Dec 2008, 10:05:43 am
What a very poor decision and it smacks of laziness on the part of the officials.   Do they not have mobile phones these days?   What was to stop him from setting off and being contacted after a later pitch inspection.    The furthest he would be away is just over 2 hours travel so a 11.30am decision would have been justifiable.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #33 on: 28 Dec 2008, 10:17:07 am
What a very poor decision and it smacks of laziness on the part of the officials.   Do they not have mobile phones these days?   What was to stop him from setting off and being contacted after a later pitch inspection.    The furthest he would be away is just over 2 hours travel so a 11.30am decision would have been justifiable.

got to agree there the sun is out now pitch could be playable by 3 pm

it was no worse than conditions for the cup final at donkey park

our club must be the only one who has a pitch inspection six and half hours before Kick off  :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch: :witch:

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 28 Dec 2008, 10:19:58 am
farce springs to mind there is nothing on tv today, nothing to do i think we would have got a good crowd today

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #35 on: 28 Dec 2008, 10:23:06 am
some of the pitch is ok, but there is just as much that is like concrete and will not get any sun on it like in front of the grandstand and kells end, given that the forecast today is for a max temp of 3 degrees what the hell do you expect

these sections will remain frozen all day so there for it is not lazy officalls etc etc

but if you want to test it out go down and get thrown about on the hard bits for half an hour and then they can make a real informed decision :witch:
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 28 Dec 2008, 10:26:27 am
farce springs to mind there is nothing on tv today, nothing to do i think we would have got a good crowd today

And what would you have said if a player broke a bone because the pitch was hard ????
Players of both teams welfare come 1st.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #37 on: 28 Dec 2008, 10:47:06 am
Looking at the weather dulling in now, there is an almost certain probability that the match was not destined to be played today.  A correct decision in my opinion.

All that would have resulted is that players would have almost certainly picked up un-necessary injuries with a rock hard pitch - we have had enough injuries at the beginning of a season.

Oh well - looks like we are devoid of rugby for another week *sigh"

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 28 Dec 2008, 11:10:51 am
someone should tell C F M they still saying game on  :D
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 28 Dec 2008, 11:26:52 am
Pity really. I was looking forward to todays game after month's of rugby starvation.

Can't see the pitch would have been playable. My garden has had the sun on it for about an hour at least and its still rock hard.

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 28 Dec 2008, 12:58:07 pm
Pity about the game being off especially as here in Pattaya the temperature today was a balmy 30C---I could have sent you all 24 hours of this for Xmas but you would all have gotten sunburn and we can't have that now can we :-[
Stan Martin is back in NZ till March but he will have a jersey and a Three Kiwi's Magazine from a cuople of Haven fans waiting for him on his return.
El Tel,
News at Ten,
Pattaya.
Sawasdee.

Offline Brad Lofthouse

• Academy Signing
  • the away kit
Reply #41 on: 28 Dec 2008, 03:01:05 pm
i went down at lyk 1 nd the pitch wasnt that bad ive played on worse than that for a friendly >:( >:( :( :( :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
When I was just a little boy , I asked my mother what ill i be?
Will I be haven , will I be town?
Here's what she said to me:
Go get your fathers gun , and shoot all the townie scum!
Shoot all the jam eatin scum...

Offline haven boys

• First Team Backup
Reply #42 on: 29 Dec 2008, 04:20:24 pm
brr eh brad wen every1s knees got battered :nod:

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 29 Dec 2008, 11:07:23 pm
Well if the weather forcast is owt to go by even Sundays game is in doubt. Very cold all week is the prediction :(

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #44 on: 29 Dec 2008, 11:16:43 pm
Well if the weather forcast is owt to go by even Sundays game is in doubt. Very cold all week is the prediction :(

Indeed, I've noticed that myself. I was up in Whitehaven today and by heck it was cold. Not used to that kind of climate down here in the tropics of Crewe ;)
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2008, 12:34:05 pm by Flannerz »