Offline Shersh00

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 25 Sep 2006, 03:05:20 pm
No idea, but there were plenty!!

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #16 on: 25 Sep 2006, 03:06:30 pm
Were the Stewards not stopping them?? ??? ???
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 25 Sep 2006, 05:50:24 pm
hows was the possible and how they get away wid it  >:(

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #18 on: 26 Sep 2006, 06:56:40 pm
people who come for big matches only should be not allowed tickets for GF if we get there it is  not fair for the true fans to end up watching it at home while one-off supporters go

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #19 on: 26 Sep 2006, 07:18:46 pm
So how were people getting in past the stewards without paying on Sunday?
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 26 Sep 2006, 09:26:22 pm
there was a spell where the gates were open and no steward there i even noticed that!! :-X

Offline grand final pride 2006

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 27 Sep 2006, 10:27:40 am
a lot of guys help behind the scences down at the ground so it could have been some of them guys .... but some people just walk in with them which is totally wrong also we have ex directors thats drinking and eating for nothing which for me is totally a NO NO they have taken enough out the club in the past so make them pay  >:( >:(.... as for the crowd there was 2600 at least  :P

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 27 Sep 2006, 11:04:03 am
I have to agree, look at the crowd at the Castleford game last season? Do you think the fact that it's common knowledge we can't get promoted has had an impact on the crowds?
Hammer Nail and Head Flannerz
There is no Mecca to aim for so a lot of people don't see the point of watching.....kinda like playing in the FA cup and being told you cant have the trophy if you win.....were else in the world in any competition do the Final winners not get the same Final prize as everyone else in the competition ?
I think people are a bit disillusioned with RL at the moment due to the apparent power the RFL have to change the rules and goalposts at will.

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 27 Sep 2006, 11:12:58 am
wait and see all the glory hunters coming along to the grand final if we beat widnes. we couldn't get a gate of 2,000 today but any bets if we get to the final we could take well over 2,000.

Why do you insist in vilifying the part time supporters as "Glory Hunters"

Just because they aren't as dedicated as some others might be doesn't make them "Glory Hunters" not everyone can afford to go to every game, indeed to some just going to one game a season is a huge financial commitment for them if they have a family and a limited budget.

I for one welcome them for there one game of the season and the one off financial commitment they make to the club, I hope they have a fantastic day and get addicted to the game and they feel the desire to return as soon as possible.

:-\  >:( I`m sure your comments and others like them really encourage the occasional supporters to come back again soon   >:( :-\
I know many people that only go to the BIG games by choice as they enjoy the BIG game atmosphere....Does that make them "Glory Hunters" ?

Sheeeshhhhhhh............

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 27 Sep 2006, 11:19:29 am
wait and see all the glory hunters coming along to the grand final if we beat widnes. we couldn't get a gate of 2,000 today but any bets if we get to the final we could take well over 2,000.

it aint write marra they take tickets of the fans that go all year round and then they are left watching the match from home when they have been there all year round and they turn up when we do well

When was the last time Whitehaven were involved in a sold out game ????
I dont recall the Halton stadium being packed to the rafters both times i have been to the GF ! !
Infact i remember huge tracts of empty seats all around the ground.
The people watching at home chose to for various reasons, not due to no tickets available,  if they wanted to go to the ground and watch there were more than sufficient tickets available, call and book with the RFL like i did if the clubs quota runs out.

Heres a novel idea....
How about you base your next posts on facts instead of dreams you had the previous night ?

Sheeeshhhhh.......
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2006, 11:24:52 am by IceMan »

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 27 Sep 2006, 11:25:12 am
the last packed game was at the recre against cas  there was about 6,500 there then at the grand final there was 4,500 haven fans there but the ground was still quite empty