HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Matt Tunstall to sign for Haven

XIII · 34 · 3668

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
on: 08 Jan 2007, 10:39:55 pm
Not quite sure whether to laugh or cry to be honest..

Got to be careful beause I never seen the bloke play but to be frank i was hoping for a bit more quality than this fellas record suggests.  Certainly not the sort of signing that is going to take us forward NL1

Anyone have any views?

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2007, 10:43:50 pm
agree,,,if we need to sign,then better quality is required,,,

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2007, 11:07:08 pm
I suppose if we need Props and he is the best we can afford then weve got to go with it.

Must say the squad is ever so slowly reducing in quality.  Props worry me a little Fats is clealry very suseptible with his arm injury , Trindell while durable is another year older (34 ?) Baynes while potentially good is never going to be more than a 10 minute man even when fit! and Jakson again while a good player is going to get banned for a long time next time he gets sent off.

If all are fit and going well we are fine but with a combination of fitnesss issues / age / injury problems and discipline i see problems ahead in the Proping dept.

Second row was a concern when leafa left ( and although still lacking a bit of quality there) we seem to now moved focus to the front row without replacing a quality second row.

« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2007, 11:12:02 pm by XIII »

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2007, 01:10:19 am
got to say we need abit better than matt tunstall im thinking some1 from new zealand i think stan martin needs a call lol

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 09 Jan 2007, 01:12:19 am
is matt any good did he play against us the other week

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 09 Jan 2007, 09:13:02 am
Matt Tunstall!!!!!!

We're supposed to have Super League ambitions.

A better quality of player is required.

Notice news comes on same day as Widnes have announced the loan signing of Ben Harrison from Warrington. He just happens to be a Cumbrian and someone I mentioned on this board previously when the debate was ongoing about Lee Mossop from Wigan.

Someone like Ben Harrison is the sort of signing we should be making, not a Prop from a NL2 club who can't always make the 17.

Is the club really financially in trouble? Who is paying for all these architects etc. whom are doing the study at the ground? No good having a SL standard stadium without the team to get us there.

Not knocking excellent work done by board, but Stadium and Team need to develop hand-in-hand.

Really is time that Board made an announcement of what really is going on. All we ever hear is that there is a lot of planning work ongoing and big announcement of profits made last 2 financial years. Is about time we made intentions clear, invest in the team to make sure we reach SL. Apparently drawbridge is coming up soon with francises so could be our last chance.

EVENTUALLY THERE WILL BE NO NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

havenchamps2005

Reply #6 on: 09 Jan 2007, 12:35:55 pm
tunstall has playd something like 10 games in 2 years and had major knee surgery twice no he didnt play against us in the friendly

this is the bloke we should be looking at  BEN CZISLOWSKI played second row for canterbury bulldogs and brisbane in the nrl now playing for the club where we got mark lefa

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 09 Jan 2007, 12:42:49 pm
Have you seen him play??????????

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 09 Jan 2007, 02:25:06 pm

MATT TUNSTALL????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i'd rather play with 12 men!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why do we want to make any attempts to sign this guy?

coach showing great ambition there eh!?!?!?!?! ;D >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ;D
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 09 Jan 2007, 04:01:37 pm
what is the point a NL2 player and not even a top one at that has had knee surgery nearly 30 years old cant get in town team why the hell do we want him
haven till i die

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 09 Jan 2007, 07:06:59 pm
why not give the lad a chance instead of knocking EVERYTHING the club does!
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

havenchamps2005

Reply #11 on: 09 Jan 2007, 07:27:35 pm
mancuian marra yes ive seen ben on sky tv and have relatives in oz having seen him he is a big rough lad my relatives also told me the same is he not worth a try in trying to persuade over to the club?

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 09 Jan 2007, 07:50:27 pm
Puppetmaster you wouln't want to play with 12 stop being stupid :P hes obviously has a point to prove and we are giving him a chance you never no he could be this beast you are asking for and also we do have deans aswll and big fordy who his a really good player .

havenchamps2005

Reply #13 on: 09 Jan 2007, 08:18:38 pm
deans might not play again marra his shoulder has popped out 3 times in the past season and it is looking like a phil sherwin all over again with mark

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #14 on: 09 Jan 2007, 10:08:12 pm
according to news and star report 9 jan(22.00hours) d,rotherham is giving matt tunstall a 3 match trial to assess him.
he will play against barrow wigan and st helens under 21 ,before any decision will be madeon making him an offer ??? ???