HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

This season

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
on: 10 Jan 2007, 01:17:55 am
 Some of us are having a go at the board. Directly through Reg Dunns.... etc or through moaning through the lack of quality signings. Well this is my say.

I believe that we have one of  the best sides this year to do it. Whether you think we haven't made enough signings this off season to do it or we just don't have enough fund's to do it. DR has made it clear we should bring through the youth system.  He directly answered my question midseason about it.  He ( to me) has proven how much of a quality coach he is taking us to the final eliminator last season with a broken team. A team disrupted by injuries and suspensions. Nobody should forget the distance he took us. Last season (for me) was his transition period and he should be judged this year. Last year despite no real goal of promotion was a success anyone can see. We are lucky. Let's hope he takes us the whole hog. To me it will be no suprise. I have no other expectation but to out do what Dave did last season. I believe he can do it. I do think RegDunns... does have a purpose aswell - to make us think how lucky we are to think how well we'll beat  it and I think we'll do.

I wait your respnse  :D :D :D

You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2007, 08:29:19 am
Totally  agree  with  that.  We  were  savaged  by  injuries  throughout  and  it  wasn't  until  the  back  end  we  started  to  get  a  fully  fit  squad.  A  few  more  minutes  in  the  Widnes  game  we  would  have  won.  We  had  them  on  the  ropes  and  if  Leafe  had  passed  instead  of  kicked  then  who  know's...thats  life !!!

We  have  a  settled  side  with  a  number  of  young  lads  coming  through.  Aaron  Smith  played  most  of  last  season  with  an  injury.  This  year  he  could  be  one  of  NL1  best  players.  Same  goes  for  McCavoy  were  big  things  are  expected.

My  only  doubt  is  Cas  and  Widnes  will  have  too  much  firepower  for  us  and  if  we  are  to  match  them  we  need  a  couple  of  quality  signing's.  Top  of  the  shopping  list  must  be  a  big  strong  quick  2nd  row  and  a  pacey  standoff.  No  disrespect  to  Leroy.  He's  been  an  excellent  servant  to  the  club  but  we  need  someone  who  can  make  plenty  of  breaks

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2007, 11:01:32 am
i think ur are right too marra but i think what lets the team down is we defend awsome top class showings week after week and when we attack we look like we have no idea thats what lets us down if we sort it out we might well be smiling come the end of the year