HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

WE NEED A BEAST !!!!!!!!!!

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 10 Jan 2007, 01:52:34 pm
but if our defence is so good why are we not in super league matt tunstall is not the player e need and if anybody thinks he is there a clown

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 10 Jan 2007, 02:27:27 pm
when did i mention matt tunstall????? we are not in sl because we dont have the attacking flair required and we dont have a tommy martin to pull the rabbit out of the hat like he did in the nrc semi at the recre and the gf at widnes
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline strongest fireman

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 21 Jan 2007, 09:35:01 pm
Yeah, I know what you're talking about, we've got nobody with any fire in they're bellies have we, that Marc Jacksons a pussycat isn't he, Aaron Lester and Howard Hill have no go in them whatsoever. 

I know where (we need a beast) is coming from, but there are rules and we need 13 players on the pitch!!
The above players are rough tough players, thats what we need not a loon, like mcGuinness from town.
You have to draw the line somewhere!

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 21 Jan 2007, 11:45:28 pm
We're not in Super League mainly because we don't have enough people coming through the turnstiles on a regular basis (or a sugar daddy) to pay for a class game breaker.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 22 Jan 2007, 12:02:49 am
Its a bit OTT mentioning Mcguiness in the same breath as Lester /... let alone Hill and Jackson.

Mcguiness is a a "self proclaimed " cheap shot merchnat" who can't string 5 games together in NL2 ,  He does his "cheapshots" on the field gets rat...assed and wonders round the pubs  ****ed telling everyone.  Then dosent play for seven weeks

Hardmen get stuck in week in week out over several seasons> They lead from the front, turn matches, inspire teams.

Lesters done it for years, Jacksons rescued games on his own....Doncaster away last year. Hills put it in week in week out in SL and NL1 doing the tough yards every week.

DONT mention Mc..hi..cup in the same breath he' s a prat with a misplaced ego!     

Offline strongest fireman

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 26 Jan 2007, 06:36:13 pm
Sorry XIII,
I wasnt talking about him in the same context.
I was pointing out the same thing as you.
I agree on your ideas of Howard, Aaron, Fats etc, I think Marc is the nearest we have to a BEAST, they all could be.
But they have too much discipline & professinalism, Which is what we need if we are EVER going to get to SL.
I say EVER, I do have ambition for the club, BUT NL1 is a great competion as it is, if they dont want us its their loss!

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 26 Jan 2007, 07:41:06 pm
Sorry >..misread your post!