HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New Year, Same Old Story.

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 08 Jan 2007, 08:41:43 pm
If todays reports in the League Express are to be believed then we attempted last week and failed to sign Workington's Tani Lavulavu. Quite why we failed to sign Tani isn't stated but i would like to think that with our coaches 'Super League connections' that we would be able to sign a much better quality of player than that of anything Town currently have on their books. What makesthis an even more bitter pill to swallow is the fact that Lavulavu turned us down. Surely in our position we should be able to offer a more favorable contract than what was being offered plus of course the chance to play a higher grade of Rugby. The real reasons may never be known, but the question must be asked why are we trying to sign players from the lower reaches of the division below when our eyes are supposedly focused on the league above?

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2007, 09:18:31 pm
If todays reports in the League Express are to be believed then we attempted last week and failed to sign Workington's Tani Lavulavu. Quite why we failed to sign Tani isn't stated but i would like to think that with our coaches 'Super League connections' that we would be able to sign a much better quality of player than that of anything Town currently have on their books. What makesthis an even more bitter pill to swallow is the fact that Lavulavu turned us down. Surely in our position we should be able to offer a more favorable contract than what was being offered plus of course the chance to play a higher grade of Rugby. The real reasons may never be known, but the question must be asked why are we trying to sign players from the lower reaches of the division below when our eyes are supposedly focused on the league above?

This is OLD news, it was reported in last weeks News and Star, i think Lavulvu has used Haven to try and get some more money out of Town. If they want to pay daft money good luck to them. Apparently now we are after Matt Tunstall another ex Town player out of contract. All this speculation is the same every year, News is slow, Carlisle Footy have no games , so the News and Star print stories that wouldnt even get in the paper any other time of year.
If rumours are right and Fats is again going to be missing for 3 months, i would rather we gave the young props in the club game time, to get them experience that we may need in NL1 come the end of a tough season.

Tony W

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2007, 09:37:19 pm
we can not force players to come and play for haven .  we got players who want to play  for haven not just for a fancy pay slip

havenchamps2005

Reply #3 on: 08 Jan 2007, 10:15:04 pm
lavu lavu offerd whitehaven his services we offerd him a deal he signed with the town
tunstall is training with us

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 08 Jan 2007, 10:16:52 pm
i think the story wid lavu lavu is that why he turned us down is that he dosent like haven, or hes scared to play at a higher level and he thinks he isnt good enough for nl1 and  wont make it and is used to the pace of nl2

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 09 Jan 2007, 01:13:21 am
why whitehaven havent tried to get john twimaluga ill never know

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 09 Jan 2007, 01:14:20 am
agreed marra

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 09 Jan 2007, 04:06:20 pm
heard that a town player might have been tunstal cant remember the name phoned up DR and said " have you got any places in your team i want to play for haven " and apparently dr was going to have a look at him when we played town
haven till i die