HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

3 new academy lads

havenchamps2005

Reply #15 on: 11 Jan 2007, 03:27:39 pm
got to disagree marra
thats a bold statement brocklebank best stand off at u18 level in cumbria if thats the case why was he not selected for the barla u18s? tyrone dalton is the best stand off at u18 level in cumbria

Offline haven07

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 11 Jan 2007, 04:02:05 pm
can i just say how narrow minded some of you are on this forum >:( >:(.there is more than one team than kells if you look who are on scholarships GE

jonny machine - ex hensingham player now playing 1st team for wath brow
Stuart Wilson - ex hensingham player now playing union for st Benedict's 1st team
mark pearson - plays for hensingham
jack Murray -  ex hensingham he was playing 1st team rugby until rangers were pulled up as they didn't no you had to be 17 to play  in the conference.
SAM Crosby ex hensingham plays for keswick RU and also on scholarships for Newcastle falcons
David Hanabury - ex hensingham now playing union for wigton
Charis smith - ex hensingham under 16 until he moved to kells under 18s
Steven fox plays for hensingham u18  and also signed for haven last summer.

there just the players on u18s scholarships that plays or played for hensingham  8) 8) 8)

Chris Smith also signed for haven last year from kells

Offline browranger

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 11 Jan 2007, 04:06:24 pm
yeah sorry thats my opinion and a lot of over peoples opininon. :)but have u seen john Paul play before??? ;) and i didn't see you making a comment on the over lads y is that. ??? ???

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 11 Jan 2007, 04:08:28 pm
got to disagree marra
thats a bold statement brocklebank best stand off at u18 level in cumbria if thats the case why was he not selected for the barla u18s? tyrone dalton is the best stand off at u18 level in cumbria

yep  brocky is good but tyrone is awsome
haven till i die

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 11 Jan 2007, 04:09:16 pm
and i have played with and against both ty and brocky so i think i would know who is better
haven till i die

havenchamps2005

Reply #20 on: 11 Jan 2007, 05:11:07 pm
ive also played with brocky and ty and i rather have tyrone playing stand off his dummy is awesome he has agression can tackle and can change a game with the drop of a hat

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 11 Jan 2007, 09:43:53 pm
yeah sorry thats my opinion and a lot of over peoples opininon. :)but have u seen john Paul play before??? ;) and i didn't see you making a comment on the over lads y is that. ??? ???

hmm comments over the other players:

machin - good player at 16's  havnt seen him play in a while stu wilson - good strong running very good in defence
mark - quick, good defence good ball handler
jack - ohh jack lol isnt scared to tack a ball in or make a tackle very good in defence and strong runner
sam - excellent running good defence good team player always encouraging people on his team and the opposition
david hanabury - decent player at 16's but IMO to small and light to compete with men
chris - very quick good ball handler and strong running can play most positions except maybe second row and prop good in defence
foxy - well no1 really needs to comment on him because he has already signed for haven but ... strong running good in defence good all round kicker
haven till i die

havenchamps2005

Reply #22 on: 11 Jan 2007, 09:54:35 pm
played with chris aswell he is going to be a future hooker at haven really good player
like i say tyrone best stand off at u18s in this country hell of alot better player then brocky

Offline haven07

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 11 Jan 2007, 10:00:54 pm

hmm comments over the other players:

machin - good player at 16's  havnt seen him play in a while stu wilson - good strong running very good in defence
mark - quick, good defence good ball handler
jack - ohh jack lol isnt scared to tack a ball in or make a tackle very good in defence and strong runner
sam - excellent running good defence good team player always encouraging people on his team and the opposition
david hanabury - decent player at 16's but IMO to small and light to compete with men
chris - very quick good ball handler and strong running can play most positions except maybe second row and prop good in defence
foxy - well no1 really needs to comment on him because he has already signed for haven but ... strong running good in defence good all round kicker

IMO these two, Chris (9,6,7) and Foxy (Centre) are the best players within that age group. Both have been signed already, last summer i think! and will see action this year in haven academy.
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2007, 10:38:37 pm by haven07 »

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 11 Jan 2007, 11:59:59 pm
yep good mates with foxy he said to me that he will be playing for academy this year i think chris will be aswel

also agree with you them 2 are the best players at that age group also think paul corkhill could perform at a very high level if he stuck in

have to say though in the age group above i think only danny barker was signed and there are far better players than him at his age
haven till i die